Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arioch

Daedalus Is Here

After a ludicrously insanely long wait, the release of the project formerly known as Doom2000 is finally here. Not much more to say about it: the release notice is on the TeamTNT webpage and the WAD should be in a /newstuff directory near you.

What are you waiting for?

I'm waiting for the goddamn ftp to free up some users so I can dl it!!!

Ty would need to have a seriously split personality for that to happen. Besides, it is already in /newstuff - i.e. accepted.

Anyway, yay! I've been waiting for four years for this one, and I recall that when it was first announced, the year 2000 still sounded like something out of a sci-fi story.

Woot! /me downloads (heh, /me seems to have died out...). Sorry, nothing meaningful to say about it, haven't had a chance to play it yet.
EDIT: Geez, we're up to Zdoom v. 2.0.60 already? Just noticed in text file it requires 2.0.60 to run...

Arioch said:

daedalus.wad: 53,697,472 bytes

Cyb, you got owned.

Oh dear, if you think that's bad you 'aint seen nothing yet...

Back on-topic, I haven't played much of Daedlus (it is 4:16am after all), but from what I've seen this looks like it may well be the best TNT wad yet! :)

massm2.wad - 31,253,232 bytes
daedalus.wad - 53,697,472 bytes

DAMN YOU TY HALDERMAN!! YOU HAVE NOT HEARD THE LAST OF ME!!! I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME, GADGET!!

And so began the file size wars...

Seriously however, I just finished hub one and man Daedalus has been a great ride so far. All the bugs from the demo were fixed and the levels were touched up nicely. Love the... ah don't wanna give anything away, just go play it.

Cyb said:

DAMN YOU TY HALDERMAN!! YOU HAVE NOT HEARD THE LAST OF ME!!! I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME, GADGET!!

Pah. Amateur. You should see all the graphics in there we didn't even use :P

Actually, since I made all those graphics, once this thing settles down a bit I think I'll release them all to the community. I know some folks don't think much of them (too bland, green, whatever) but it might make for part of a useful resource kit.

I have other plans, and that particular part of the universe isn't where they'll be taking place.

I still love the music for the Kitchen. I can't wait to play through the whole thing.

Yeah, the music.

It's really good, but unfortunately Rich Nagel had health problems that made it suddenly impossible for him to complete the work he was doing for the full project. Out of respect for him and his efforts, we decided not to use anyone else's music or go get other people for that task. We decided instead to loop through what he had done for hub 1, so you'll recognize a few pieces as repeats, as you go through it.

It's a tribute to his skill that you can do that and not be bored with it.

Rich, if you're reading this, thanks for everything, and take care.

anyone else having winzip "I can't open this file on account of my inherrant and blatent homosexuality issues" related problems?

It won't unzip. Did I just get a bad download or should I play mood music before uzipping or what?

darknation said:

Did I just get a bad download

Sounds like it. The file size for the zip should be 19,776,228 bytes (just under 20MB).

Cyb said:

Well if it's any consolation, I think Ty will soon get owned: RTC3057 is going to be a full 2 gigs. :P

j/k

I am very plesantly surprised. I didn't really like the demo hub, but the thing seems a lot more polished now, good atmosphere and a nice exploration feel.

Cyb said:

Heh, watch Counter-Doom have about 32megs or something, but that's nothing compared to daedalus O_O

anyway, I could really use a walkthrough or something to help me here. Im up to the part when you have to find 3 codes to get into some console.

Finally the waiting is over.

For telling the truth i didn´t really believe it would be released at all. I remember starting bugfixing and playtesting somewhere in 2000 - even then it looked and played so great.

Can´t wait to fire it up tonight - Doom is back - TNT is back - dia is happy.

Big hugs to the whole team - (in a squeaky voice): I love you all. :)

dia
back in action

Arioch said:

.... the release of the project formerly known as Doom2000 is finally here.

JESSS!!! (And I ain't referring to someone by the name o' Jessica.)

Well, I for one as a member of TeamTNT have been very proud on the release of our latest project...Daedalus. I'm also very aware that some people are not to fond of puzzle-oriented play, but that's life. Alot of hard work in level designing, graphics, music and especially in the scripting was put in. I personally wanted to take this time to thank Ty, Gary, Paul and Don in the punch work of this project and also all the other TeamTNT members who gave some of their time in level design a long time ago...you guys rock man! I'm also glad that I could be a part of the punch team! Thanks guys!

To the Doom Community, thanks for all the support and also most of the good reports and observations that I've been reading about on Daedalus...Remember, observe the hints, clues and the such. All the hubs are very playable and completable. I should know...(cough). If you attempt to run around like a blazing maniac and use braun and no thinking you will die alot. It's a combination of both...good luck to you, and thanks everyone...:)

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

>>Big hugs to the whole team - (in a squeaky voice): I love you all. :)

dia
back in action <<

Dia! Is this my old buddy from Germany? I hope so. How you doin' man? How's the son? Hope all is well, and it's great to know you are still around and kicking.

PSchmitz said:

>>Big hugs to the whole team - (in a squeaky voice): I love you all. :)

dia
back in action <<

Dia! Is this my old buddy from Germany? I hope so. How you doin' man? How's the son? Hope all is well, and it's great to know you are still around and kicking.

Paul Schmitz? the same person who did artifact.wad, ambush.wad and riverdead.wad? I am a huge fan of those wads. Which inspired me to keep on mapping for Doom.

btw, Daedalus absolutely owns!

I love the wad, far better than the demo. But I have serius problems with 60.cab, it crash after a few seconds of starting the game (in all the maps, even DOOM2.wad).

Here is the error message that I receive with Daedalus.
--------

post this in the ZDOOM BUGS FORUM - love, Cyb

-------------
I don't understand nothing of that. Can I fix the problem with something in the display/sound configuration?

Vegeta said:

I love the wad, far better than the demo. But I have serius problems with 60.cab, it crash after a few seconds of starting the game (in all the maps, even DOOM2.wad).

Well, that's a clue that it's not a Daedalus problem, if you even have the crash in DOOM2. Go to the ZDoom forums at http://zdoom.org and post it there. There, Randy can take that info and figure out where it crashed. Just run with plain DOOM2 to get the dump to tell him about to keep things simple.

>>Paul Schmitz? the same person who did artifact.wad, ambush.wad and riverdead.wad? I am a huge fan of those wads. Which inspired me to keep on mapping for Doom.<<

The one and the same. Thanks for the kind words. I feel the same way towards Leo Martin Lim.

Since you mentioned my WADs, might as well announce it now:

Artifact for ZDOOM. :) [It's gonna be awhile until it's release. Hopefully you won't have to wait as long as you did for Daedalus. ;) ]

>>btw, Daedalus absolutely owns!

We knew it's not gonna be everyone's cup of tea. Glad you liked it. The responses so far have been very satisfying. Thanks everyone!

Quote: Artifact for ZDOOM. :)

Hey Paul - need a playtester? When the christmas and Daedalus Days are over i can sqeake in a little time. :)

About the private stuff - check your E-mails. ;)

dia