Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
B0tt0r

Fake, uninteresting or what...

I have a feeling if they had anything new they'd put that on the cover and not that old screenshot. Well, it's supposed to be out today anyway so we probably wont have to wait too long to find out anyway.

Nice preview article, and an allegedly new and exclusive vid on the coverdisc which I can't watch on this shitty PC at work. A bit of info on how you'll interact with your PDA ingame, nothing unexpected or startling, a bit more of the back-story etc.

And a UT2k4 demo next month. Supposedly.

No, although by the sound of the gushing praise, there doesn't seem to be any reason why a demo couldn't be put together. Everything seems to be shaping up well and it certainly sounded playable, no major show-stopper problems. It was hinted though that there was still an unspecified amount of content to be finalised. Or at least that they were, perhaps understandably for various reasons, unwilling to reveal at this point.

It's going to be a lot more than a basic walk'n'shoot though. Unfortunately the word "puzzles" cropped up, which made me cringe slightly. Lot's of secrets to find though by the sound of it.

Hopefully I've said nothing too spoilerish for those of you concerned about such matters.

Disorder said:

So no Doom 3 demo yet?

It would've been a nice birthday gift from Doom to Doomers. Kinda like a party favor.

Job said:

It would've been a nice birthday gift from Doom to Doomers. Kinda like a party favor.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow. You know, the Gamespy 'secret Doom 3 stuff' thing.

Oh dead God please give us a demo! I can only play the alpha so many times! (With my luck the demo will be the alpha.) If I was id Id do that to give something to everyone who waited and spite the assholes like me who couldnt wait.

Disorder said:

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow. You know, the Gamespy 'secret Doom 3 stuff' thing.

If there's going to be a demo, Id Software would announce it at least a week in advance. To hype everyone up.

I think it's going to be hard for doom3 to actually live up to all the hype it build up, at least in me. By reason and logic I can't expect iD to do everything that was mentioned over the past months and it's sort of disapointing in some way.

Then again its mostly the content that needs to be completed so that leaves a few iD members to not have much to do other than implement details which normally would get ignored (sharpening up AI, the plasma rocket thing, so on). I don't know what to think anymore.

Ignoring id's old opinionated claims of "redefining the way people look at first-person shooters" and "scaring the hell outta you", I can't remember any promise they've made in the past year that hasn't been accomplished.

Zoorado said:

Ignoring id's old opinionated claims of "redefining the way people look at first-person shooters" and "scaring the hell outta you", I can't remember any promise they've made in the past year that hasn't been accomplished.

How do you know what was accomplished and what wasn't, when haven't you played it yet. Back then iD also specifically said the AI will just be standard, now it's being said that it has amazing AI. However that isn't something I have a hard time believing since like I said the other team members that already did their job might have occupied themselves in improving it for the sake of not having any downsides to doom3.

That seems like the way doom1 was done, every aspect of it seemed to have been perfected and done better than anything else out at the time, and having it all in one package is what amazed everyone.

Just what bothers me is that everything is being announced and everyone already expects this to be like the best game ever. I'm just thinking that if it's not but it's still good people will dislike it for the simple fact it was so overhyped. Like Deus Ex2, most people seemed to be assured the game will kick ass and after the demo was released the opinions changed, drastically.

I dunno about you, but id almost never lie about their games. When they say that a unified lighting model is in, it's in. When they say that we'll be going to Hell, I'm pretty sure we will. When they say DOOM 3 is the best game ever (which they didn't), I don't doubt that's what they really feel.

What promise(s) do you think id won't be able to implement into the game?

I wouldnt hold out for any impse

Anyway, i was going to send this in as a news item, but lings email was buggered for some reason I AM A MORON I AM A MORON , so here it is (taken from a brief read of the magazine in tescos, didnt actually buy it yet I AM A MORON I AM A MORON )

I dont know if anyones noticed, but the latest issue of PC Zone (UK) carries a cover story about doom 3 (using the same "Doom! shake the room" gag that was all over the place when the original came out). Theres not much new in the article, except a little bit about "that" new weapon, and a tiny bit more about "that" classic doom weapon, the BFG. It also confirms that the Partial invisibilty powerup will make it into the game as well as describing another new monster (half zombie woman, half spider), and they even briefly go into the Hell areas of the game, and say its basically going to be crammed full of puzzles and traps and make the mars base look cosy and inviting by comparison. There's also an awesome new screenshot of a revenant and a lost soul in a coridoor, as well as some of the "head spiders" running up some stairs from a 'hangar' area, and what appears to be a hell screenshot, though you only see a giant skull face and some rocks..and a hellknight

deathbringer said:

I AM A MORON I AM A MORON

No, I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON , DAMN IT!