Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Manga Girl Marchelle

Turning off Post Hell music

I'm sure this is going to go to hell for asking but is there any way I can bypass the POST HELL music, cause it's annoying, so annoying i ripped out the volume control, and my spine like hands are too lazy too move the comp................ this is why I have a brother to pay my bills, so I dont have to leave the comp while my debate on making nudity allowed without getting "r" ratings goes on and on...

Hit the Esc key to stop the music and image animations. Another way (at least for me) is to play another mp3 and midi file (you can pause the music and it will still work). That way, the music on the site won't play because something else is playing instead.

Ichor said:

Hit the Esc key to stop the music and image animations. Another way (at least for me) is to play another mp3 and midi file (you can pause the music and it will still work). That way, the music on the site won't play because something else is playing instead.

I don't think that works. I have winamp running all the time, and still I always get the music. In fact, thats possibly why I get horrible crashes sometimes when I go to Post Hell. And I agree, that stuff is annoying. There should be an option to turn it on or off.

Post Hell is meant to be unpleasant. Just be grateful that Lüt didn't take up my suggestion to use the same background as this site. :p

Anyway, if I don't want to hear the music, I just mute midi and mp3 in the Windows volume control.

tools->options->advanced tab->uncheck 'play sounds'

(ps - ie sux :P )

gatewatcher said:

Mangagirl; boot into DOS and type "format /y c:".

It'll make your computer boot faster, too. It greatly reduces your processor workload, allowing many great speed improvements.

the_Danarchist said:

I don't think that works. I have winamp running all the time, and still I always get the music. In fact, thats possibly why I get horrible crashes sometimes when I go to Post Hell. And I agree, that stuff is annoying. There should be an option to turn it on or off.

Thats cooperative sound, I believe there is an option in winamp to turn it off - so it wont let windows (or any other app)use the sound. Could be wrong thou.

Anyway, Post Hell isn't meant to be cheerfull and happy - if you don't like the music, mute it or whatever

0_o

If you have IE, go to properties - advanced, there'll be a long list of boxes which you can check or uncheck. Scroll down until you see a selection for playing sounds in web pages, uncheck that. For my version of IE, it's under the Multimedia heading.

If you don't have IE, I'm sure there's something similiar with whatever browser you're using.

Grazza said:

Post Hell is meant to be unpleasant. Just be grateful that Lüt didn't take up my suggestion to use the same background as this site. :p

Dumb.
Post Hell is a way to show people how NOT to act on this site (and perhaps give people a few laughs - "post hell" is just a fitting name) - if the music drives people crazy they're just gonna avoid post hell like the plaque. But I guess that's intentional...

Just turn your damn sound off when you go to PH. Works for me (tm).

DooMBoy said:

Just turn your damn sound off when you go to PH. Works for me (tm).

Yes it works, but you forget to turn it back on later on and then you start to wonder if your sound card is phux0red.

Ahh the good ol', simple days when post hell music was hilarious instead of painful.

Omg, I have something on my headphones/speakers, it is called a on/off button. But what do you use that to?

Torn said:

Omg, I have something on my headphones/speakers, it is called a on/off button. But what do you use that to?

I just pull the plug, none o' that high-tech stuff. :P

Torn said:

Dude, if it was meant to be that simple, there wouldn't be a gigantic thread about it ;-)