Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DoomDiz

new music for doom

Anyone know how to make new background music using XWE? Is that even possible. I'm running on zdoom, if that helps...

DoomDiz said:

Anyone know how to make new background music using XWE? Is that even possible.

Are you talking about using XWE to create new music, or just insert a new music file into a wad? I can't help you with using XWE to create new music, but if you want to simply insert music, do the following:

1. Make sure your music file has a ZDooM-recognizable file format extension (e.g., .mus, etc.)
    2. Open XWE, and pull up the wad into which you want to insert your music file.
    3. In XWE, select Entry/Load. This will pull down a browser, which you can then use to locate and select your file. After you've selected your file click the Open button, and XWE will insert your file into your wad.
    4. You're done.

I don't know about XWE, but IIRC WinTex automatically converts MIDI to MUS. A lot ports support MIDI directly though (so you don't have to convert it to MUS), and a couple also support other formats like MP3 or several types of mods.

Yeah I'd just go with keeping it in the .mid format. Because Midi2Mus doesn't seem to work on a good portion of my midi files because they are a bit big, but if your making something for the original .exe you may need to use it. It comes with Deepsea, and you convert midis like so

1. Open a MS-DOS command window
2. cd to your Midi2Mus folder
3. Make sure your .mid file is in your Midi2Mus folder
4. Type midi2mus.exe (Your .mid File)

If it is not too big it will convert the file to a .mus, be sure to copy the .mus though and not the .mid or your effort will be useless.