Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bashe

RAR!!! DOOM CONNECTOR!!!

Why won't it let me play a game? It says my doom2 wad is invalid!
What does it mean?

pls choose:

[ ] i'm running the wrong port
[ ] DC never had wadchecking
[ ] i'm too dumb to read version numbers, but since i'm the best i have the newest wad.

The IWAD must be the wrong version. What game pack did you get your IWAD out of?

I had Doom2 for Win 95, but I just installed it like the DOS version.
It's version 1.9.

That's the version I have. Most likely you screwed with your wad in Wintex or another program, or you merged it with some other wad. Easy to fix, just reinstall the program.

You know what the ugly truth is? A lot of the n00bs who come to Doom Connector have never actually played it before... instead they got a copy of doom2.wad off of Kazaa. Despite the fact that this is illegal, it would not be very annoying for the rest of us... except, that version they circulate is invalid. I know this must be the case, because 9/10 times when I find someone in that situation and try to help, I learn that's where they got their copy of the wad.

Make sure you get rid of the old version, then make sure the game is finding the new one, not the old one. I run into problems because I have all these different versions kicking around and half the time don't know which is which.