Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nanami

Ramen Noodles

I was making ramen (one of the few things I can actually cook) and mentioned it to an online friend, and I remembered something I realized a long time ago: Everyone in the world makes ramen noodles differently.

Here's an example:

Me: Put ramen in water on stove. Wait for it to boil. Drain water. Add flavoring. Eat from pan.

Step-sister: Put ramen, water, and flavoring on the stove. Wait for it to boil. Transfer to bowl. Eat.

Old ex-friend: Boil water. Add ramen and flavoring. Transfer to bowl. Add ice cube. Eat.

Best friend: Put ramen and water in bowl. Cook in microwave. Add flavoring. Eat.

Furcadian friend: Boil water. Add ramen. Add flavoring and bullion cube. Transfer to bowl. Eat.

How do YOU eat ramen?

Boil water in pot, put ramen in boiling water, cook for 3 minutes, drain water, add half of seasoning packet, insert into mouth, open and close jaw repeatedly, press tongue against roof of mouth, fold epiglottis down and draw larynx upward and forward to cover windpipe, swallow.

I usually cook it in the microwave, drain and try to avoid using the whole packet.

Boil water, add two packages of noodles, cook for three minutes, strain, remove from pot, place in bowl, add 1.5 to 2 flavor packets and mix evenly, eat.

Depends...

Small portions: Break the ramen block up in smaller pieces and put in a bowl. Pour water o from electric kettle over. Add flavoring.

Larger portions: Cook water in pot till it boils. Add ramen and chopped vegetables (and a squirt of soy sauce and chili sauce).

If I'm really lethargic: Eat the ramen block raw.

Boil water in pot, put ramen in boiling water, cook for 3 minutes, drain water, throw seasoning packet out window, squirt some soya over noodles. Stir it up. Eat.

Boil water, throw Ramen in water, cook for three minutes, turn off heat, add flavoring, toss in bowl, eat on bed. Whee.

I'll either eat the noodles raw or boil water, put the noodles in for three minutes, take it off the burner, add flavoring, add pepper, then put it in a bowl and grab some chopsticks.

Ultraviolet said:

TERRRRRRRRRRRRRORRISTT!!! HELP HELP TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERORIST!!!

Braindead.

I quit eating that stuff for lunch when I realized that I'm actually a healthy eater.

The man has a point. Something like 37% of the daily sodium intake you need is there using just HALF of the seasoning. I only eat 'em once a week, but if some of you have it every day . . .

ravage said:

Braindead.

Just like all the rest of the people who use the term "WMD" do describe popsicle sticks used in an offensive manner and accuse any kind of radicals of being actual full-fledged terrorists...

Ultraviolet said:

Just like all the rest of the people who use the term "WMD" do describe popsicle sticks used in an offensive manner and accuse any kind of radicals of being actual full-fledged terrorists...

What the fuck does this have to do with Ramen noodles?

Bloodshedder said:

ravage said:

Nuke

Ultraviolet said:

TERRRRRRRRRRRRRORRISTT!!! HELP HELP TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERORIST!!!

ravage said:

Braindead.

Ultraviolet said:

Bloodshedder said:

Add noodles and Flavoring to the pot. Let boil, pour into bowl. When bowl is full, pour rest of flavoring in a cup. Spill on pants. Wriggle in pain, eat.