Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cycloid

dehacked docs?

are there any? all i've found so far is a list of pointers. i've buggered about with whacked and managed to change the zombie attack but that's it. clearly i'd like whatever results to be as widely port compatible as possible .. bex? what i'd like to know is: can i change what a monster drops when you kill it or do i have to change the object itself? e.g. if i wanted to make the zombie drop something different is there a different way to do it rather than changing the ammo clip itself as that's also dropped by the ss trooper

read all that, it just seems to go on about dehacked.exe, which is a scary dos program and something i refuse to use next...

http://www.doomworld.com/eternity/engine/dehref.html

This documentation is a bit more technical. It doesn't deal with how to use the DeHackEd program, only how to write valid DeHackEd by hand. It addresses every section supported in DeHackEd/BEX files, although ones not supported by BEX are labeled as obsolete and are not fully documented (ie. the old sprite offset section).

nice, that's more like it... time to sacrifice the pain elemental and lost soul for better proper monsters :-) thanks

hmm, i'm getting there. i tried to remake the pain elemental into a new ex human and then make the lost soul into a particular weapon then changed the pain elemental's death sequence to "pain attack" and viola when it dies it drops it's gun. though it also flings it at you at high speed and i cant seem to stop that!

Nothin you can do about that.

For a riot, change it to spanws three or four lost souls, heh.

well i did it anyway. what i did is change the pain elemental to emulate the basic zombie, who now does not drop a clip when killed. Next i changed the original zombie and the clip to be my new monster + dropped weapon instead. hurrah! now let's see what else i can bugger about with :-)