Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arioch

Anyone for a showing of ROTK around Chicago area? [spoilers irrelevant]

Anyone here in the Chicago area want to get together sometime in the next week two or so and go to the movies to watch ROTK together?

I've got some showings lined up at various theaters with some friends and other acquaintances already, but I'm always up for a few more.

I know some people are in the area, like Lut, SoM, Manc, Bloodshedder(?), etc. How interested are you guys in getting together for something like this?

I would be.... but 2000 miles is a bit far to just see a film.
besides that, I bet it's darn cold up there atm... :)

omg!

I would love too. I get paid tomorrow morning. Just let me know when and where.

Oh, and Bloodshedder isn't quite in the area. He's in indianapolis.

Heh...I'm seeing it on Wednesday. This is the third year in a row we've been doing the exact same thing: Me, my mom, my sister, and my friend Jeremy are going to Round Table Pizza, then going across the street to see the 7:00PM showing of a LotR movie on it's first day. Also, for the third year in a row, I'm going to wear my 'Frodo Lives!' shirt. Whee!

Mancubus II said:

Oh, and Bloodshedder isn't quite in the area. He's in indianapolis.

Not even that. Farther south, Columbus. But I was glad to see I was considered, heh.

i live 8 miles south of chicago, so probably not, my nerd group (er, reading group) will probably go to jacksonville or springfield.

scarecrow said:

i live 8 miles south of chicago, so probably not, my nerd group (er, reading group) will probably go to jacksonville or springfield.

Wait, only 8 miles? Why would you drive to Springfield then? O_o

Mancubus II said:

Wait, only 8 miles? Why would you drive to Springfield then? O_o

oops, i ment 8 hours, heh. :P

But surely no one can give up this incredible once-in-a-lifetime chance to rape arioch and leave him for dead?

Arioch said:

How interested are you guys in getting together for something like this?

Sounds fun. My resident group of Tolkien nerds were going to have a Tolkien field day watching both extended editions, heading to the theater for RotK, then back home to play the LotR and Hobbit board games the rest of the night. That probably won't happen due to holiday schedules, so there will probably just be a 1 or 2-person carryover to this (if nobody minds). I don't have anything going on the next few weeks, but weekends or evenings would be the best time.

Yes. I just need to know at least a couple days in advance because of work. I'm pretty open though, only going to be in indiana from 23rd-28th, and I can cut that short if necessary.

Arioch said:

But surely no one can give up this incredible once-in-a-lifetime chance to rape arioch and leave him for dead?

as fun as that may sound, it's not all it's cracked up to be. maybe if we had more people than just me and ling next time...

Cyb said:

as fun as that may sound, it's not all it's cracked up to be. maybe if we had more people than just me and ling next time...

Well the little blackout kinda put a damper on things ...

When were you thinking about seeing it? I already saw it once but that's not enough hehe

Arioch said:

I'd give that a shot, but I live too far east. >_<

Lüt said:

Tonight at 8:30 works for Mancubus II and myself. Anybody else?

Well, it looks like no one else will be able to make it, unless we get some last minute postage.

I think it would be best to schedule it for another night. :/

Yeah, sorry about not being able to make it... My brother got his masters degree down at U of I today and I went to see him graduate... again.

So I hope you guys had fun, maybe we can hang out some other time.

Heh no, the only people available were Manc and I so we decided to save it for later. Next time I guess we should plan more than 12 hours in advance :P

yeah I had a party here last night so I didn't wake up until like 4pm today and I didn't even LOOK at this thread until just then and I was like FUCK FUCK FUCK

that theater's a good choice too, based on mapquest I can get there relatively quickly, although amc 30 south barrington is supposed to be really great

I don't know about any of your crazy suburban theaters, so I'm up for whichever.

Arioch said:

that theater's a good choice too, based on mapquest I can get there relatively quickly, although amc 30 south barrington is supposed to be really great

Yeah, that's the one Vaagen always drags me to. Most of the theaters are top quality. There are a few small semi-crappy theaters that don't allow much larger screen ratios than standard television, but I can't imagine RotK being shown in those. Looks like they've got a lot more showtime options as well. That's good in case we get there and find our planned show is sold out. Somebody should probably get the tickets early though. That, or we all show up early and go out to eat somewhere in the meantime.

if you go to eat somewhere with arioch, don't get crabs legs. you will fear for your very soul :P

we bought some king crab legs the other day

fear

and on that note, now that I'm hungry, I'm going for some breakfast

AMC 30 would be ideal for me too... it's pretty damn close to me (about 30 mins.... wait, that's not pretty damn close..)

anyway, it seems like a good central point. Of course, I'd prolly just make the extra 5-10 mins of travel to meet lut at his place, 'cause I'm just that kind of guy :)

When are we thinking about?