Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bashe

About Doom 64 TC

you can 'play' it with zdoom, though it won't work properly since it modifies jdoom's doom dll (I believe).

Cyb said:

you can 'play' it with zdoom, though it won't work properly since it modifies jdoom's doom dll (I believe).

Yes, it does. Plus, it uses a lot of JDoom only features, so no, it will not run with any port other than JDoom.

Crapenzy!!!
My laptop can't handle Jdoom!

Dammit! Oh great, now I'm outta clean socks! God dammit!

Bashe said:

Crapenzy!!!

What about your regular PC?

Dammit! Oh great, now I'm outta clean socks! God dammit!

Oooooooook....

Doesn't JDoom have a software mode? I've never even tried it, but that's what I've been told.

NiGHTMARE said:

Doesn't JDoom have a software mode? I've never even tried it, but that's what I've been told.

I don't think so. AFAIK it is exclusively hardware accelerated. Considering that the renderer is the only thing that makes JDoom stand out a software version would be utterly useless anyway.

Been playing this TC myself for the first time these last few days. All I can say at the moment is WOW. This is easily the best TC I`ve played for any game in ages. It doesn`t even feel like Doom (in a good way) and I absolutely love the new monsters + what appears to be improved AI. I`m a Doom fanatic to the bone and worship the original Doom + Doom2 but I`d love to have the graphics for this in every wad I run with JDoom from this point forward. Shame that can't be done (to my knowledge anyway).

A million thanks to those that made this TC anyways :).

Did anyone release any further levels for this btw, or wads that use the D64 TC graphics etc?

My dad won't let me put Doom on the PC.
Crap!

The software mode sucks. It goes 0.00000000000000000000001 Miles a year

Bashe said:

Crapenzy!!!

You're not missing anything anyway.

Okay, I want someone to take the Doom 64 TC levels, preferably the guy who made them, take out all the monsters, add new paths and teleports, unlock everything, remove exits, and make it into a Deathmatch wad. ^_^

Footman: Love the av, and I can vouch, it's nothing near what Doom 64 actualy was. There are a lot of missing effects, like the Terraformer working like on the N64. But other than it, it's just fun to play, and I want to DM on it but no one else downloads it so...

Well, judging by the fact that JDoom has VERY LIMITED scripting, you should be glad Kaiser was even able to get 99.9% of the effects in the TC working as good as they do.

schepe said:

You're not missing anything anyway.

Well, in your opinion maybe. I disagree however. The Doom 64 TC is, IMO, one of the best TCs because it's a port of a fun and fresh Doom game from a crappy console to the more comfortable PC.

Bashe said:

My dad won't let me put Doom on the PC.
Crap!

The hell? This cannot be stood for!

DooMBoy said:

The hell? This cannot be stood for!

What aboot sit for? :)

Anywho, I am yet to try the TC, souly because my computer is out of space so I can't really install Jdoom can on again till I get some more Hard Drive space. :P Hehehe. But I heard that Doom 64 was on sale cheap so I might go buy it. :D

The first (well, the second) thing I did when I got DOOM64 TC was load the last level on UV and try to beat it. It's no really hard actually, but when I already wiped out all the minor demons and was preparing to kick some motherdemon ass, JDOOM crashed. So we called it a draw...

But JDoom is nice. It's quite a complete port with a clearly defined goal - DOOM using modern 3D engine. It accomplishes its task quite nicely (except the fact that it has some short-time lags, even on my 1.8ghz laptop).

Hmm.. Yeah.. I have seen some more graphically intense games that lag less than JDoom. But it must be pretty hard getting such high quality graphics to run flawlessly on an engine for a game made in 1993.

I'm part of the TC team :P And am here as support, lol.

1st and foremost, the latest version of the TC has been released, in which it has its own .exe, but you still have to have a copy of the Doom2 iwad in the bin folder for it to run (I'm assuming Kaiser did this to avoid legality issues). Therfore, you don't even need JDoom to run the TC. It uses its own modified version of the JDoom engine and .dll. Quite conveniant, really. Not to mention, we've added the infamous Hectic, and a cheat menu ;)

2nd, we've taken the online capabilities of the TC out. I know this will disappoint many, but I assure you that it was for the best. There were errors and bugs and reports all over the place, and it just wouldn't work. But then again, we stated from the beginning, that the TC wasn't meant for online play, it was meant as a SP wad.

3rd, look for a demo of the the sequel to Doom64 (its not an official sequel, but one I've decided to lead on), Dark Nexus, to come out sometime before next Thursday (Christmas).

I'm going to post all of this and more in a new thread for questions and discussions.

Melfice said:

1st and foremost, the latest version of the TC has been released, in which it has its own .exe, but you still have to have a copy of the Doom2 iwad in the bin folder for it to run (I'm assuming Kaiser did this to avoid legality issues). Therfore, you don't even need JDoom to run the TC. It uses its own modified version of the JDoom engine and .dll. Quite conveniant, really. Not to mention, we've added the infamous Hectic, and a cheat menu ;)

! :D Score! Now I just have to make sure I have enough space for it. :D