Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Searcher

Blind Alley, "Forlorn" Just released.

Blind Alley, "Forlorn"

14th map in the Blind Alley series for Doom 2. Now running on map one.

A very fun play with decent scenery. No port required.

Under normal play I do not consider it hard to play in UV. Difficulty of play is comparable to Doom 2 on UV, so no one should have all that much trouble with it after a few runs. Skill levels were added just in case. So, if it is just to easy, boost it up to fast or respawn, but most people won't need that.

There is a berserk and a chainsaw as well as a fair number of bullets if anyone wants to try tyson style on it. Should be something here for everyone.

While none of the secrets are required to finish the map they do contain extra health and ammo.

You will never have to hunt for ammo in there, that is the least of your problems. A real straight forward map. No hard puzzels, just great gameplay in a decent looking map.

Feedback and/or demos always appreciated.

Legacy version 1.40 UV max demo of the level included in the zip file.
If you are having trouble with the secrets or the battles watch the Legacy demo. It is a very do-able map. ;)

Now get busy, the carnage is waiting!!

BndalyX.zip
http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames/newstuff/
or
http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames/levels/doom2/a-c/bndalyx.zip

Give it a try and post some feedback.

did it on my fourth (very cautious) attempt. there was one room i couldnt get in which i think was a secret. anyhow it's pretty good and should be yet another good demo-able map. nice one!

I've just run through it. Tyson looks like it might be a bit beyond me though (I got through the first area OK, but without much health left).

I liked one point where the whole set-up seemed to announce "this is where you should use all those rockets you've been too cowardly to use so far". However, after emptying my RL all over the bad guys, it turned out that there was a crusher that could have done the job more efficiently. LOL.

Anyway, it looks like another good one.

Searcher said:

Under normal play I do not consider it hard to play in UV. Difficulty of play is comparable to Doom 2 on UV, so no one should have all that much trouble with it after a few runs.

In fact I went straight into recording mode on my first run and had no trouble with it...

Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the support for the map and the series.

Positive feedback keeps the series going and the maps flowing. ;)

Grazza, I thought that tyson might be a bit hard on this map because the med kits are not quite as generous as in the last map. But shoot you never know, someone who really loves that stuff and is really really good at it may be able to do it. It sure wouldn't be the first time I have seen seemingly impossible maps done. No doubt your own demo archive is full of those too.

Cycloid, a few runs in there will get you happily blasting away in a hurry. Nice to know you never have to sweat the ammo isn't it.

ToxicFluff Thanks.
BlackFish Thanks
TUD Cool! Thanks

Great series Gene!

I hope you continue until you hit 50 - maps, not years. :)

Check the Demo Forum for a couple of lmps.

Rich said:

Great series Gene!

I hope you continue until you hit 50 - maps, not years. :)

Check the Demo Forum for a couple of lmps.

Thanks Rich
Ya never know how many maps it might be before the series is done.

To late for me to stop before age 50. I am one of the old timers around here.