Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kid Airbag

Pants on fire

Hey, kiddos, remember how I said I was finished with Doomed Once More after hastily throwing together that little four-level beta pack a while ago? Well, I lied. For some reason I've got all this inspiration all of a sudden and I mapped out five maps in addition to the four you've already had the privilege of playing, meaning DOM will once again become a full-episode project. Everything is planned out, I just have to actually make the maps now. Of course, that could take a while, but I think it'll be worth it. At least from a personal level, since I've wanted to do something like this ever since I got Doom and began drawing maps long before I even realized there were such things as editors.

This new version will replace all of episode one for Ultimate Doom and will require some sort of source port that removes vanilla doom's limitations and allows special line types like the 244 silent teleport. There'll also be something for you Heretic fans thrown in. Oh, and of course, kick-ass music by Tolwyn and Mark Klem.

Anyway, so yeah. No one cares, but I felt like posting.

Oh, and BTW, if you haven't played the beta yet you can get it here.

FP!

don't worry, no one cares about my SP edition of my first and only crappy map, but I still posted anyway. :P

Yes, yes, yes! DOM was exactly how I imagined Tom Hall's Doom would be! Don't gimp out on us, man!

I'll try not to. I'm about halfway through E1M1 and I started E1M5 a little bit. After that I just need to do E1M7 and E1M8 (the latter of which should be pretty simple) and I can release it.

Of course this will probably take a few months, perhaps longer, especially given how big E1M5 will probably end up being.

Tom Hall Doom?
This I gotta see when I get home.

(If it is an emulation of what Tom Hall would do with Doom there had better be a Dopefish somewhere or I shall rain your blood across the land!)

Grimm said:

Yeah, given E1M5 is Phobos Labs, you're probably gonna have a lot of work to do.

Actually, what I'm doing for that level is totally recreating the first level I ever made since it had some cool ideas and scenes but was rampant with n00bish design flaws. Then I'm adding a bunch a stuff to it. All in all, it'll probably end up being the biggest level in the set.

Tom Hall Doom?
This I gotta see when I get home.

(If it is an emulation of what Tom Hall would do with Doom there had better be a Dopefish somewhere or I shall rain your blood across the land!)

No no, the intention of this project isn't solely to emulate Doom the way Tom Hall would have wanted it. It's just an episode that I'm doing for fun, where the goal was to create places you could actually place yourself in since one of my biggest pet peeves about the original Doom/Doom 2 is that the levels look nothing like what their title is. Some of the levels in dom just happen to be based a little on Tom Hall's level descriptions from the Doom Bible.