Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shadow Wolf

is there any way possible to combine source ports?

i would really like to somehow combine zdaemon with legacy so i could have all the options of zdaemon but have that cool gravity setting in legacy....

sure there is, that is one of the reasons why they release the source.
You will see some severe incompatibility problems initially, but I bet that bridge can be crossed... and you probably will have to choose one type of standard within your code instead of using both.
plus, I doubt they are compiled similarly, so porting one to the other will be another huge hurdle....
would make a good game though. :)

uh, zdoom (and thus zdaemon) has gravity settings, sv_gravity # in console

copy /b zdoom.exe+legacy.exe zlegacy.exe
...will append legacy to zdoom to create the almighty zlegacy!

Heh!

But seriously, unless we are talking about really complex features like Legacy's 3D-floors or ZDoom's slopes which require a lot of changes throughout the entire code it should be possible to add certain features from one port to another. The biggest problem I can see is if you want to implement features from a structurally (in terms of source code) more advanced to a less advanced source port. For example you won't have much luck porting many ZDoom features to Legacy, Eternity or PrBoom without having to make massive changes because ZDoom takes full advantage of C++. The other way around is much easier.