Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Apothem

mod idea but dont know how to code

Okay, i know ACS and Zdoom pretty well and i was thinking of making a volitale ammo mod where if you shoot some ammo on the ground, the death of the ammo disperses mustile projectiles of its ammo type- only problem is that 1. i dunno where to start coding wise and 2. is it possible to do?

heh, it's an old mod from unreal tournament that was fun to use because you could shoot a piece of ammo thats next to a bunch more and kill a guy from the explosion- neat little thing to add to a map, makes you more careful about where you're standing and what you're shooting at=D

If you do it the dehacked way... the only way I know... you run into the problem of item pickup. You can set an explosion, but if the player tries to pickup the ammo while the explosion is taking place, it will bomb since there are no pickup refferences associated with anything else but the frame of the ammo. I'm not sure how ZDooM works... but if it's anything similar it might not be possible.

Now's when Cyb enters and tells exactly how to do it in ZDooM and I have to post a followup indicating I fail.

zdoom would probably just spout out an error message about an unknown pickup item but probably wouldn't crash

don't take my word for that though

re: exploding ammo: have you thought of just using BARRELS instead

i just think i got it, hard part is getting it right
set the flags to shootable
then on item death run the script with an argument specifing what projectile.... heh thanks guys

You could create a shootable item with the decorate lump (no need to mess with dehacked and no items need to be replaced either) and make it run a script when you 'kill' it. (it would need a tid though, so projectiles can be spawned from it)

decorate lump? never thought of that. but with the tid's, that's what i was thinking of doin so that way- if you were in ctf in your temp spawn area and there was ammo or something, couldnt kill each other

then again, i dont know how to edit the decorate lump. could use a tutorial or something on that one.

Scuba Steve said:

So I do fail it?

ha ha, scooba steven fails it