Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Skunkboy Kyle

I need a tute...

You know why you need to give me a tute? Because you know I need a tute, I need a tute, a tute in english, yes, in english, everyone loves the eng and lish and the lishy eng and a cup of coffee, definatly gunna need a cup of coffee, so get up and give me!
Come on!
Don't be so fucking lazy!
All you do is play Doom all day anyway!
"Oh, I can't find the BFG. Oh, I can't beat MAP30. Oh, I can't download Mock2. LIFE IS HARD MAN!"
Fuck that shit!
Get up, get me a level making tutorial, and some coffee.
Do it now.
Do it now.
Do it now.
OR TASTE MY SKUNKY WRATH!

I do have skunky wrath you know. It's one of my nature things.
-----
All comedy aside, I need a tutorial for level making. I'm intrigued on it and want to make some wads for ST. I've had some experience with BUILD for DN3D, but none of the Doom editors nor linedefs.
Basicly, here is what I need to know:
- Best program to use for this.
- What are linedefs? I'm assuming one thing but I could be wrong.
- Exactly what is needed for it to be a complete level.
- What do I do to not end up with a Mock 2 map?

Pretty much it, if you could recomend a good nice EASY TO FOLLOW tutorial that doesn't send me searching for answers like most tutes I see on the net, please let me know.
Hope you enjoyed the Foamy parody, visit IllWillPress.com if you don't get the joke.
Thank you.
Love, your Doom addicted skunkboy, Kyle.

So you're not going to help me?
*sigh* Whatever. I actually DO take pride in my work and wouldn't put out one room cyberdemon filled hell holes like some of the shit I've downloaded in my time. But no. Let another potential good mapper go to waste because it was too much strain to post a link. Thanks a lot.

Teach yourself, you'll develop a better understanding that way. First of though, if you've used Build before, get Doom Builder.

Then just open some maps up and see how things work, and play around.

Skunkboy Kyle said:

Good question, but I'm not going to use any in my maps so...

Toxic - Doom Builder runs like Build did?

You could try download it and fire it up?

Skunkboy Kyle said:

Good question, but I'm not going to use any in my maps so...

Toxic - Doom Builder runs like Build did?

Well, it's the only Doom editor with a proper 3d view. It's not at all difficult to learn either.

Okay, I still need a tutorial.
I understand a few things, top and bottom and middles and a few other things, but I'm still having trouble with linedef's and special effects like lighting and such.

By the way, I have yet to complete a level though because I'm scared of releasing it and finding out it's utter shit...

--Warning, Sarcasm Ahead--
This is complete bullshit!
I've already asked you two times now!
Can you count?!
Once, twice, TWO!
Get your fat ass up and get me a fucking tutorial!

You know what, fine. I don't need your help.
I'm going to get my self the tutorial.
I'm going to make my own levels.
(with the rocky rocky launchy launchy)
You get nothing, you sit there, relax your day away, or whatever the fuck it is you humans do...

Peice of crap!
-----
Seriously, I give up, since none of you wish to help me.

Skunkboy Kyle said:

--Warning, Sarcasm Ahead--
This is complete bullshit!
I've already asked you two times now!
Can you count?!
Once, twice, TWO!
Get your fat ass up and get me a fucking tutorial!

You do know the search engine named Google, right? Instead of whinering about no one giving you a tutorial (however I saw some said there were some on dw and thats true).

Skunkboy Kyle said:

You know what, fine. I don't need your help.
I'm going to get my self the tutorial.
I'm going to make my own levels.
(with the rocky rocky launchy launchy)
You get nothing, you sit there, relax your day away, or whatever the fuck it is you humans do...

Wow, cool. Uhm, it is not like we have 24hours each day to use on you. And do we get money for answering your stupid questions? wow, what did I hear you say? oh, nothing. Yeah, thats right. So shut the fuck up.

Skunkboy Kyle said:
Peice of crap!
-----
Seriously, I give up, since none of you wish to help me. [/B]

oh, you gonna cry now? :( too bad...

WOW! I EVEN PUT UP A LITTLE DISCLAIMER THAT SAID I WAS BEING SARCASTIC AND HE STILL TOOK ME SERIOUSLY!
I guess that proves you don't read all of the post.

Skunkboy Kyle said:

... I need a tutorial for level making.

Look in the Tutorials section of DooM Nexus. It will give you the basics, and (more importantly) point you to the definitive sources for DooM editing.

Skunkboy Kyle said:

WOW! I EVEN PUT UP A LITTLE DISCLAIMER THAT SAID I WAS BEING SARCASTIC AND HE STILL TOOK ME SERIOUSLY!
I guess that proves you don't read all of the post.

OH!

Btw, did you ever check the editing pages of doomworld, before you started to ask your question?

http://handbook.newdoom.com/
- Unofficial Wad Designers Handbook, imo the best docs for learn about doom mapping. (btw, took 2mins for find that)

I assume the best tutorials are ones that are not easily found. Most of the ones that are easily found are very technical and don't refer to things like "door" or "window" or "gun", but "lindefs", "sectors", and "sprites". And I only knew at the time what one of those was so I would have been fucked. I was assuming though so I could be wrong. It was that way with ripping the code from NES roms to create NSF files...