Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ragnew

Hell Revealed II (Anyone heard anything lately)

Hey Guys/Gals,

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from Andy lately about HR2? I know it's supposed to be released before we hit 2004 but was just curious as to whether or not anyone has heard anykind of a date from him? I was hoping it'd be released on the 10th (Anniversary), but (sigh) it wasn't... :). Dont know about all of you, but I think this Megawad is gonna kick some butt...

Laters,
Richie

Yeah, given the state it was supposed to be in, I was expecting the release to happen on the big BDAY, and it would have been perfect for it. Regardless, if the promise was to be released before 2004, you've still got the two major holi-dates coming up.

So true, the release will be here soon enough. Can't wait though, been looking forward to HR2 for quite some time now... What, like 4 years or so?

I don't know if he wanted me to blab about this or not, but here's the lowdown on the release:

"Hey there,

The final release will be up on 12/31. Less than two days to go... :-)

-Andy"

Have fun anticipating it until then. :)

Grazza said:

Ah, so Ultimate DooMer gets to review it, due to cunningly swapping weeks with me.

That's right - I deliberately went away for Crimbo just so I could review HR2 when it came out...mwuhahahahaha!!!

Yay (I jump for joy, and hollar like an excited infant!!!). GREAT news! I can't wait to play this bad boy!

Well todays the day! Been waiting for this megawad for quite sometime. Hmm, I wonder when Andy's going to release it? My bet is midnight exactly (although I was hoping it'd be this morning lol). Going to do a bit of partying tonight, then end it with some good old HR2!!! Happy New Year Everyone. Be careful tonight as well.

Well, its 2004 already, but this is britain, america still has a few hours heh..oh well, i can check out the official site and see if its released...

Yay, HR2 is here.. BUT... Hm. There seems to be a bug in map 5: You can get stuck in the red key room since the door to it cannot be opened from the inside....

(Or am I wrong as usual?)

Skunkboy Kyle said:

Hey, get ready to tyson your way out of HRII on "Hurt Me Plenty" or higher, there isn't enough ammo to go around.

There probably is (in most levels at least), but you need to conserve it better. Making monsters fight each other is a good idea.

I've just checked it with STAT.EXE. On HMP, the ammo balance is more than 1 on all but two maps (where it is 0.97 and 0.99), and on UV, it is only less than 1 on a few maps. I'd guess (I haven't played many of the new maps), that due to infighting that will mean there is quite a generous supply if you get the strategy right. That was the way it was with HR and the HR2 beta.

(Ammo balance of 1 means that there is just enough ammo to kill all the monsters even without infighting, crushers, telefrags, Tysoning, etc.)

Yeah, and I missed a couple of times firing a few choice assholes (Specificly, an archvile that kept moving while I kept trying to shoot him.). I guess if you have better aim than I do... Of course, I was also playing without mouselook, so that could have made a problem.

Skunkboy Kyle said:

Of course, I was also playing without mouselook, so that could have made a problem.

This wad is designed to work with doom2.exe, so the HR2 team clearly didn't intend mlook to be necessary.