Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grimm

Working with Daedalus Yet?

Heh, I realize that the answer is almost ceertainly no, but I have so much trouble finding information about ZDoomgl that I had to ask. (Like, right off the bat, is there a home page for this thing anywhere?) Anyway, can Daedalus work with ZDoomgl? Let me know when it does . . .

Anyway, thanks for all the work you guys are doing with this. I really hate ZDoom's renderer, so this ZDoomgl is great for me.

I get an error when I use that beta with Daedalus. So it doesn't work yet.

Script error, "ANIMDEFS" line 35:
SC_GetNumber: Bad numeric constant "0aplas01"

You know I actually tried to run it using the old ZDoomGL, just to see how far it would load since it was based on ZDoom1.22 I wasn't expecting much. It crashed my computer. I figured as much since it needed the latest ZDoom beta. But for some reason, I remember running a demo of it a while ago, (possibly long while), I remember the garbage area distinctly but never was able to get out of there. Anyway, enough of my rambling I seem to have wandered from the subject.

EricHerrera said:

You know I actually tried to run it using the old ZDoomGL, just to see how far it would load since it was based on ZDoom1.22 I wasn't expecting much. It crashed my computer.

The old ZDoomGL crashes my computer even without a WAD like Daedalus. It's the most unstable Doom source port I have ever seen, in comparison to other GL ports it's really slow and of course there's too much useless effects in there. Thank god it has been dumped!

I once took a look at the source. It's a total mess and perfectly reflects the state this project was in.

The preview wad (just hub1) was for ZDoom 1.22, so it ran in the old ZDoomGL. Heh, the mess that was the source was the primary reason for the complete rewrite. Hopefully I've done a reasonable job of keeping the source fairly tidy to make it easier to work with. I know I've been pretty lax with the commenting, though :)

Timmie, your version is great, even at its current stage. Just playing it is to see it has come a long way. Even though the older versions of ZDoomGL were messy and unstable, I have to give Kokak some credit, after all, I could not do anything close to that. I also remeber back when I used to play DoomGL and the anticipation of ZDoomGL. I have to say, even now its still the same awaiting the next public betas of the current ZDoomGL. Thanks to Kokak, Timmie, and everyone responsible (a very long list), for keeping interest in Doom after 10 years.

--End of rambling / gushing / remembering --

Yeah, I have to give Kokak credit, too. Even though the old versions were buggy (although I never seemed to have much problem with things crashing), it definitely piqued my interest and I wouldn't be doing this today if it wasn't for those earlier versions.