Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Duker900

"Freedom Tower"

Personally, I'm kinda interested in seeing what happens if/when 9-11-2008 rolls around now.

Hooray, I have a reason to live.

The building as it's planned seems to me to be an excessive waste.

Oh wait, we're talking about America? In that case, excessive waste is implied in all things American.

I'm glad they're putting a broadcast tower and wind turbines on the top. If they're going to do that, though, they should make the entire surface of the building out of solor panels, too. Man, that would be a window-washer's Hell...

EDIT: And if they do that they should invest in those methanol batteries I've heard about that they're making for laptops, except see if they can get something in a larger scale and all that. Having a building that is self-sustained on wind and solar power and slightly more environmentally friendly methanol batteries would uh, be really cool, and would make the building even more valuable as a tribute. Apparently budget is not an issue because of the fact that they're building this thing in the first place, so why not?

Tobester said:

Personally, I'm kinda interested in seeing what happens if/when 9-11-2008 rolls around now.

Haha...that's exactly the first thing I thought of when I read this (Hell, I've been thinking about it whenever the topic comes up ever since they first talked about making a bigger tower). You just know the Muslim extremists are going to try to figure out a way to blow this one up too.

One day it will just be a constant rebuilding and destroying, like some form of retarded arms race. Then finaly, everyone will leave Manhattan in frustration.

THe old towers were blocks of concrete. This looks like a giant shard of glass. What the Hell are you talking about?

the_Danarchist said:

THe old towers were blocks of concrete. This looks like a giant shard of glass. What the Hell are you talking about?

The old towers were made of glass and steel. What the fuck are _you_ talking about ?

The design schemes are completely different! Just look at them! The new one is oddly much more West Coast.

the_Danarchist said:

Haha...that's exactly the first thing I thought of when I read this (Hell, I've been thinking about it whenever the topic comes up ever since they first talked about making a bigger tower). You just know the Muslim extremists are going to try to figure out a way to blow this one up too.

One day it will just be a constant rebuilding and destroying, like some form of retarded arms race. Then finaly, everyone will leave Manhattan in frustration.

But does that mean we should never build again? And why not tear down the buildings we have, because they're potential targets as well. If they break it, it'll be rebuilt, until after a few times they'll just get tired.

BlackFish said:

it looks to much like the old towers.

You're an idiot.

Tobester said:

Build it and they will come.

I love these posts! They're a great read! Especialy the one that in a nutshell says "I'm going to laugh when terrorists kill another 2100+ people and level a few buildings!" You know, I'm not exactly fond of Bush, or some of the morons who are fucking up America, but I'm not going to say it's funny when terrorists attack innocent people. How many of those people on 9-11 do you think were just going about their daily lives, maybe about to visit their wife or kid, people who weren't ascumbags, good kind people, who happened to look out their office windows and get fucking obiliterated by a 747? Do you think that's funny? Laugh it up then smartass because if they fly more planes into more buildings and kill yet more people you have an obligation to fufill to make yourself look like an asshole!
I'm not saying what the US is doing about it is right, I'm not supporting any wars or any other shit like that, but what I am saying is death in any form is not funny. Would you laugh at Hiroshima too? A lot of people in America probably did. How do you think the Japanese feel today about America knowing that fifty five years ago we fucking destroyed two of their cities and over 60,000 innoncent people. That's 30 times the ammount in 9-11. You must be in stitches over that.
I hope that one day someone close to you dies, that way you'll have something to really laugh about.

Skunkboy Kyle said:

I love these posts! They're a great read! Especialy the one that in a nutshell says "I'm going to laugh when terrorists kill another 2100+ people and level a few buildings!" You know, I'm not exactly fond of Bush, or some of the morons who are fucking up America, but I'm not going to say it's funny when terrorists attack innocent people. How many of those people on 9-11 do you think were just going about their daily lives, maybe about to visit their wife or kid, people who weren't ascumbags, good kind people, who happened to look out their office windows and get fucking obiliterated by a 747? Do you think that's funny? Laugh it up then smartass because if they fly more planes into more buildings and kill yet more people you have an obligation to fufill to make yourself look like an asshole!
I'm not saying what the US is doing about it is right, I'm not supporting any wars or any other shit like that, but what I am saying is death in any form is not funny. Would you laugh at Hiroshima too? A lot of people in America probably did. How do you think the Japanese feel today about America knowing that fifty five years ago we fucking destroyed two of their cities and over 60,000 innoncent people. That's 30 times the ammount in 9-11. You must be in stitches over that.
I hope that one day someone close to you dies, that way you'll have something to really laugh about.

OMG SARCASM

The tower looks great to me! Definitly a nice addition to the NYC skyline.
It also seems pretty strong. The concrete core and outside steel cable netting could make it more resistant to terrorist attacks. It also only has 70 office floors, the top of the building consists of an antenna and a wind turbine. That means it's easier to evacuate then the previous WTC building.

No, Skunkboy here is right. This ain't no fucking joke.

How do you think the Japanese feel today about America knowing that fifty five years ago we fucking destroyed two of their cities and over 60,000 innoncent people. That's 30 times the ammount in 9-11.

Hmm, how do you think the Chinesse feel about Japan being an economic superpower with virtually no Western hate towards it, when during World War II Japan killed over 50 million Chinesse civillians?

Grimm said:

No, Skunkboy here is right. This ain't no fucking joke.

Oh, come on. Everything is a joke if you look at it right.

Sure, GW's administration is full of power-hungry assholes bent on world domination, but its fun to make fun of them, especialy the big W himself. Kim Jong-Il will possibly give us all nuclear death, but look at the guy...he's a laugh riot.

Come on, you need some comedy every once in a while, or you're going to die of heart failure at the age of 35, with nothing to show for your life except a completed TPS report.

You just need to keep a sense of perspective.

Shit, you can't blame them, half of the sarcasm detectors were broken by BlackFishes comment.