Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cyber-menace

Summoning certain things.

Is there a way to spawn things on to a map spot other than the standard Thing_Spawn script? If so how could I get it working for:

1. Grey Tree (Red Imp)
2. Commander Keen (Mini-Cyberdemon)

I need these in order to continue editing my map. Please help.

I guess one way to do it would have the Keen open up one of those teleporter things that was so popular in Episode 1, like in E1M9 when you ran across the star and all those imps started flooding in, when it dies.

Well, I guess you could put all the enemies you need to place in some sector off in the void and then teleport them in scriptwise (teleportGroup or TeleportOther I believe). But what's the problem with using thing_spawn?

Assmaster said:

Well, I guess you could put all the enemies you need to place in some sector off in the void and then teleport them in scriptwise (teleportGroup or TeleportOther I believe). But what's the problem with using thing_spawn?

I don't believe their spawnable. I know the Zdoom reference is out of date, but Grey Trees existed back then and it wasn't listed as spawnable.

Cyb said:

Thanks I'll give it a try. SpawnSpot seems to be more flexible then Thing_Spawn.

Oh...
Wait, why the hell does it say Red Imp and Mini Cyberdemon? We thought you meant having the tree/keen destroyed to spawn one of those! What the hell does a grey tree or a Keen have anything to do with your enemies?

I think he used a dehacked patch to replace those decorations with his monsters.
He replaced keen with a minicyberdemon, probably so those doors would open once its dead...

This code works fine with Commander Keen's, but is there anyway to spawn a grey tree? ZTreeDead spawned something that looked exactly like it, but it must not have had the Thing ID of 43. I tried just the number and Zdoom had one of its fancy errors. Does anyone know a way to summon a grey tree? Or does someone know if any of the spawnable things with SpawnSpot IS a grey tree, even if it has a different summoning name?

EarthQuake said:

I think he used a dehacked patch to replace those decorations with his monsters.
He replaced keen with a minicyberdemon, probably so those doors would open once its dead...

Well actually I did replace them in that fashion, but I only replaced things I knew I would never use. Such as an impalled hanging leg that doesn't block anything to be my Mega Cyberdemon.

I found it! I kept trying every single match I found for the word tree on Cyb's text file and the one that spawns the Doom Object Number 43 is "TorchTree". Thanks for the new spawning technique Cyb. Now I know how to add any Hexen monster I please!