Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Twiztid

What's the most violent movie you have ever seen?

the most violent movie you have ever seen?

I cant think of one right now but I have heard of one called Battle Royale.

I've edited the thread title to make it more meaningful.

Will people stop giving threads "titles" like "Whats...." or "Have....." or "If you....", please? It shouldn't be necessary to read the thread in order to get even a vague idea of its subject.

Anyway, to answer the question, Seven was a movie that I found pretty distrurbing, though it wasn't unrelentingly violent. For mindless and meaningless slaughter, a film called Timeslip takes some beating. More than two hours of pure carnage, based on the silly idea of a modern army unit suddenly falling back through time and into the age of the samurai (link - link). Saving Private Ryan was also pretty violent in places.

the_Danarchist said:

Resevoir Dogs or Event Horizon

Those are the first two that come to mind for me, too.

Natural Born Killers in terms of the magnitude of violence. House of 1000 corpses was pretty visually violent with the skinning and such. Very bad things was probably the most disturbing movie ive ever seen. And it sucked.

Kill Bill, but thats more hilarious than realistic :)
If it has to be realistic, id say Reservoir Dogs too.

That funny belgian film with the amateur filmmakers following a psycho killer.

Gotta love that scene with the gutted pregnant woman on the kitchen table and her naked husband drowned in the kitchen sink.

i'm not fully versed on the entier lone wolf and cub manga (http://www.animerica-mag.com/features/lonewolfandcub.html) thing but there's a film based on the "baby cart" series of films that's based on the orignal manga called "Shogun Assasin" (all available on VHS at amazon)(http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0081506/). late 70's i think. and it's got proper fast mental samurai action and blood really does squirt meters from peoples bodies, including one guy who has his throat slit and then, blood gushing, talks about how he'd always wanted to do that to someone. oh and then there's the baby cart, which is essentially a wooden pram that the very young samurai boy rides in (aka "cub") which has all sorts of booby traps including blades that stick out from the sides and remove people of their ankles... Uma Thurman? naaa! (though she DOES do some ankle chopping herself, it has to be said)

edit: i just noticed at the imdb it says "if you liked this we also reccommend ....... kill bill" !

here's the full amazon lone wolf treatment

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/listmania/list-browse/-/2GIHZNTG3VNOC/qid=1071975944/sr=5-1/ref=sr_5_10_1/026-0847975-0662014

Depends on how you define violent. If you go by number of casualties on screen, I guess Commando is a good candidate.

Erik said:

Depends on how you define violent. If you go by number of casualties on screen, I guess Commando is a good candidate.

Any one of the Lord of the Rings movies beats that easily.

gatewatcher said:

I want to see the extra 30 minutes of cutscenes in Event Horizon.

Ditto. I hope that the DVD comes out with those 30 minutes incorporated into the rest of the film, but that'll be years off, if at all :/

Erik said:

By violent i meant blood and gore but i never thought of this.

natural born killers (uncut), fight club (that scene where Norton 'destroys' Babyface. Eww.), Re-Animator, Evil Dead 1 & 2, Braveheart.

Ditto. I hope that the DVD comes out with those 30 minutes incorporated into the rest of the film, but that'll be years off, if at all :/

You make it sound as though the DVD isn't out...heh

Is there supposed to be a special edition DVD of event horizon coming out?

My vote goes to House of 100 Corpses...nice and bloody and one funny-ass flick to boot.

darknation said:

fight club (that scene where Norton 'destroys' Babyface. Eww.)

Oh yeah, that is pretty fucking bloody.

Linguica said:

Heh, lawnmower time.

I haven't seen it, but Ichi the Killer is supposed to be pretty violent - I read one review that mentioned "a naked man hung from the ceiling by multiple meat hooks, screaming in agony as boiling fat is poured over his torso and a foot-long needle punctures his jaw."...

Little Faith said:

That funny belgian film with the amateur filmmakers following a psycho killer.

Gotta love that scene with the gutted pregnant woman on the kitchen table and her naked husband drowned in the kitchen sink.

it's called 'man bites dog'.