Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Twiztid

What's the most violent movie you have ever seen?

EarthQuake said:

Dead Alive

This is without a doubt, the bloodiest (and stupidest) movie there ever was.
I mean it. All those other movies you mentioned are no where close.
I swear this movie was so ridiculously gorey, I really thought that the director had some kind of fetish for blood and entrails. Just don't let you kids watch it or they'll turn into serial killers before the movie is over. Hell there were parts of it, where I almost puked!
Not only is it sick and disgustingly bloody, but it's quite hilarious to watch as well. Its got everything from claydough animated rat monkeys to chainsaw ripping action. There's even a part where a guy takes a lawnmower to a roomful of people.

Some of you might not classify this as the goreyist, because it's not considered cruel, but damn oh mighty about 85% of this film is blood, guts, and chunks.

EDIT: originally I got the name wrong, so if you read this post before I edited it, read it again.

The movie goes by both names: Brain Dead and Dead Alive (one of them is the pussified American version, forgot which one), and was directed by Peter Jackson himself (made famous for directing the LOTR trilogy).

The Doom Generation is pretty violent with a very carefree attitude about it. The penis/hedgeclippers interface is one of the nastiest bits, you don't really see anything but the sound and them forcing it into the guy's own mouth is horrible.

Funny Games by Michel Haneke is about the most psychologically violent film I have seen.

Dude, Peter Jackson was NOT made famous by Lord Of The Rings by anyone who loves horror movies and that is just an insult to an entire fandom of b-movie loving freaks! Fuck LOTR!

Skunkboy Kyle said:

Dude, Peter Jackson was NOT made famous by Lord Of The Rings by anyone who loves horror movies and that is just an insult to an entire fandom of b-movie loving freaks! Fuck LOTR!

I think you're just nitpicking here. PJ has obviously been well known, in a sense, before LOTR, but now has been made mainstream, ala Holywood, famous.

Well, I finally got a chance to watch Battle Royale and I do have to say that that was one crazy ass, violent movie. On terms of violence and blood, it's like Metal Gear Solid (namely when someone get's sliced or something and alot of blood spews out like a fountain) Sure it had kids killing each other, but still, that movie isn't as violent as most other Japanese action movies. Anyways... if you wanna see a movie with lotsa blood, gore, and will scare the shit outta ya, watch one of those japanese horror movies. Unfortunately, I can't really think of one at the moment...

Oh wait, better yet, if you wanna skip the blood and guts but you still wanna get the living shit scared outta ya, go to one of those japanese haunted houses at amusement parks!

So he's famous now with everyone else? Well if everyone else had some balls and rented some good horror movies he would be famous with them already but noooooooo people can't handle gore. Wusses.

I just remembered two very violent movies I have watched a while back. Hard-Boiled and The Killer. These are two Hong Kong Blood Operas starring Chow Yun Fat(sp?), and damn are those fucking violent ass movies. People are getting blown away left to right! People are diving and shooting. All that is cool and all, until you hear the dialogue. Haha! The dubbing is so fucking hilarious! Luckily, I had rented the DVD version so I just turned subtitles and had the original voices on.

Skunkboy Kyle said:

So he's famous now with everyone else? Well if everyone else had some balls and rented some good horror movies he would be famous with them already but noooooooo people can't handle gore. Wusses.

So they can't handle gore. Give them a break.

And before you say anything, no, I am not one of those people.

Yeah, sure. Peter Jackson. You know who is the most unrecognized director out there? Terry Gilliam. He has made areound a dozen films, almost every one a masterpiece. And which one does everyone love? Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, his worst movie ever. Bah!

/meaningless rant

Violence isn't necessarily goriness, and vice-versa. I think we should stick to goriness though :)

Some movies I thought about that have been mentioned already

Starship Troopers
Battle Royale
Braindead
Tetsuo
Deep Rising
Story of Ricky

Some movies I'd like to add to the conversation

Robocop
Bad Taste
Alien

Skunkboy Kyle said:

Yeah, have you seen Time Bandits? Good film. I'm trying to find a copy of Amazon.

Yeah, I've seen it. The only movie of his I haven't seen is Jabberwocky. I got The Adventures of Baron Munchausen on DVD for Xmas...that's even harder to find than Time Bandits.