Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Epyo

Daedalus Help & Hints thread

I'm on hub 2 and I've found both microgens and opened the Cryonics power room door from the scout bay, but I don't know where to go from here. I still can't get into Cryonics because the main door is closed and I've killed everything including the cybie in the scout bay and haven't found anything else. Please help me.

You really should read the previous posts, as the answer's among them.

I have a question of my own that no one here has covered yet, though:

The Ultimate DooMer said:

In the 3rd hub, the secret bio-weapons lab.

How do I get in there? I thought it'd be simple; but even with the access card from the Control Center, the door still won't open and I absolutely cannot figure out how to get it open. I'm aware that it's optional and I can in fact go to the next hub any time; but I've decided that I want that secret weapon right now, and I will absolutely not progress without it.

I like this WAD, but there seems to be one inane puzzle per hub that's forced me to find this old thread.

This thread reminds me that I have yet to download this, and need to finish Icarus and Eternal Doom. TeamTNT wads seem to always make me smile like no others do, so I should get on to those things.

This is seriously stupid. I've been everywhere and used/shot everything that seems interactable, but that damn laboratory door will still not open!

Just please spoil me the solution already! I want that weapon, and I will absolutely not continue without it! I will not be denied such an important secret, dammit!

I've searched everywhere, even in other Doom sites. No one will mention how to get into that damn laboratory!

PLEASE TELL ME THE ANSWER! This is very important now, because I just learned that I would get a bad ending without it! How do I get into that laboratory in Hub 3?!?

God, I hate this. It's not often that a WAD frustrates me, though this is infinitely more frustrating than having to fight a bazillion revenants out in the open on a slaughterfest map.

Baby Bonnie Hood said:

I've searched everywhere, even in other Doom sites. No one will mention how to get into that damn laboratory!

PLEASE TELL ME THE ANSWER! This is very important now, because I just learned that I would get a bad ending without it! How do I get into that laboratory in Hub 3?!?

God, I hate this. It's not often that a WAD frustrates me, though this is infinitely more frustrating than having to fight a bazillion revenants out in the open on a slaughterfest map.

Daedalus really sucks like that...I never played more than twenty minutes into the WAD myself, because of crap like this. Though I must advise you, it'd probably be wiser to wait more than three hours for someone to reply to your thread.

Baby Bonnie Hood said:

You get the same ending no matter what.

It's been way more than three hours now. How do I get into that laboratory to get that secret weapon? Is it some convoluted complex sequence, or is it actually a very simple solution that wouldn't work because a script broke on me? What's the answer?

Like much of Daedalus it's too well hidden among some other stuff. I can't remember where the switch to open it is though.

In the end, I decided to just screw it and finish the damn thing without the weapon or whatever it was.

It's... okay, I guess. You need a very good eye to spot the things needed to progress, though. Hell, this damn WAD badly needs a walkthrough; it's got puzzles and secrets (with a few secrets concealing important progress; big no-no is very big) of JRPG proportions, guide dang it!

Here, allow me to spoil some of the more ridiculous puzzles:
- In general: Use all consoles. ALL OF THEM. Even the most decorative one will have an important function.
- Hub 1: Sleeping Quarters. The four central senior quarters have closets (with unfortunately ordinary wall-like textures). A switch is in one of them that'll open a hidden room with a command code and a hell knight with a security pass.
- Hub 2: The second microgen. It's inside one of the red crates in Storage. Shoot those crates (from a distance!) to get it. Maybe they were hoping this was straightforward because they're also blocking a soulsphere, but too bad "shoot the wall" secrets aren't very popular. Not to mention microgens sound like a ship alarm.
- Hub 3: ...actually, this was pretty straightforward. Your mileage may vary, though.
- Hub 4: The learning pods. The two basic ones are easy; as for the other three with the cubicles, you have to enter the cubicle that has a glowing light (it's easy to miss; they should've made its floor marker yellow instead of leaving it purple like the other unusable cubicles, it worked for the travel tubes).

I never found a single secret weapon; not the claw thingy in Hub 2 (if it even exists, I completely cleared out the Officers' Quarters without finding it), not the bio weapon in the Laboratory in Hub 3, and I somehow missed the Dimensional Shift in Hub 4. But I don't fucking care anymore, this WAD is finished and that's all that matters.

Solarn said:

I'm on hub 2 and I've found both microgens and opened the Cryonics power room door from the scout bay, but I don't know where to go from here. I still can't get into Cryonics because the main door is closed and I've killed everything including the cybie in the scout bay and haven't found anything else. Please help me.

Ah hell, I may as well answer this. Get inside the scout ship (just step onto one of its hatches and it'll lower you down), and go to its depleted microgen. Your friend will unlock the main door at Cryonics. Remember that it's opened via one of the two consoles near the door as opposed to using the door directly.

Alternately, you could enter the air vent in Cryonics; you can get to its power room from there, take the microgen, and run all the way back to the travel tube (the main door opens from the other side just fine).

Sorry for the bump. Trying to solve this damn thing. IS there any clear walkthrough to it in youtube or somewhere? Youtube doesn't seem to have easy answer. Majority of famous WAD's has been covered in youtube, but looks like this was so bad and painfull that even Youtuber's haven't done it yet.

I just died for a wandering monsters when searching for clues in levels - not fun. That's why clear walkthrough would be nice as I am just otherwise endlessly losing health for random monsters. The designer of this WAD clearly knew how to make WAD not fun and not taking any advantage of facts why Doom was a fun game.

Edited by eyelid

Stuck in Hub 3. Restored power and got fans running, next stop should be transport center, but it requires access card. Never saw those, even with "items" command, in any location. Saw a youtube walkthrough, but the dude just straight up goes to the access lift after enabling power, never saw him getting any cards.

What to do?