Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scabbed Angel

Nightmares

Here is serious two of me reading a thread and it inspiring me to write one of my own, just a little different. Lucid dreams, very intersting... but nightmares are much more entertaining! Lucid nightmares even! How often do you have nightmares? What was your worst one (or at least one of the more interesting ones)?

I dont remember the last time I had a nightmare.... tell ya the truth I dont remember any of my dreams except the rare few and they were about my girlfriend so we're not going there.

My nightmares are somewhat special:

I NEVER have nightmares where I fear for myself and my wellbeing. The nightmares I do have are all about losing people you love due to your own stupidity, egoism and negligence.

I have had tons of nightmares where I have unwittingly hurt someone deeply just because I was to thickheaded to realise what I was doing before it was too late.

Also my nightmares are not really about fear, but more about regret, resignation, hopelessness and self-hatred.

I recently had a nightmare.

I dreamt that I suddenly got a letter from the school I graduated from this summer saying that there had been a mistake and that contrary to what it said in my exam papers, I had actually failed one of my exams so I had to start the whole goddamn education over from scratch.

Ouch!

I actually started 'liking' my nightmares a few years ago. The actual moment of having a nightmare isn't fun, but afterwards it feels like you've just 'survived' something horrible. Sometimes it's quite a rush.

I've had some pretty rough ones. One of them kept me awake the next night. I don't like talking about it.

My worst nightmares are the ones where I do something terrible, and it's just past the point where I can't reverse it.

One was where my friend had turned into some sort of demon and was trying to kill me. I put an arrow through his heart, and he reverted back to his normal self as he was dying. I remember emerging from some sort of underground area where I had slain my friend, and looking up at the sunny skies and feeling an infinite loss because my friend couldn't see the sun anymore.

There's been a lot like that. Maybe I'm just psycologically weird?

Nightmares are the worst when you think you've woken up in the dream. Once when I was a kind, I was sleeping under the Christmas tree, and I dreamt I woke up and all the lights were out but my dad was standing over me. Then I saw he had a tire iron in his hand and he beat me to death with it. When I really woke up and all the lights were out just like in the dream I was really fucking freaked. That kind of sucked. After that I didn't have any nightmare I could remember for 5 or 6 years. I don't remember the last one I had, but I'm always disapointed by the lack of monsters in my nightmares. Lousy lazy bastards!

Ever since I have gained more control over my dreams, I manage to wake up before any nightmarish things occur. Which isn't often since I prevent them in the first place.
I think the things I dream about now would be a nightmare to me in the past, but now since I know I am dreaming, they don't bother me.

I havent had a nightmare since I was a wee kid. Probably because I don't get scared of much anymore. I have plenty of disturbing dreams, and sad dreams where I have friends die, but nothing scary.

I had a nightmare that the souls of my loved ones were fluttering about my room in a tangled black web, making attempts to destroy each other so they could have enough power to destroy me.

Then there's that waterfall dream everyone seems to have..

I dunno but I thinkk my dreams are so trippy when im baked and maan am I ever baked right now so Iff i remembe ill tell you if i had a fucked up nightmarre.

I used to have tons of nightmares when I was a kid. I still remember a some of them, they frequently had recurring themes.

Nowadays, I don't have very many nightmares, or any dreams that I remember for that matter. My most recent ones all seem to involve my parents, the two most frightening ones being about my mother stabbing me to death with a knife. Nightmares of fighting with my father seem to have been a bit more frequent after his death, but while disconcerting, didn't wake me up in fear like the ones of my mother did.

My main "wake up from fear" nightmare always seems to involve me laying on train tracks, and a train is coming and i cant get away because my legs are too tired to run, except once i maganed to grab hold of the sleepers with my hands and pull myself along the rails, until i was travelling even faster than the train and was leaving it behind

I had doom 3 dream a while back, i'll take the post from my livejournal:

Had a cool dream about doom 3 last night I AM A MORON I AM A MORON , basically i arrived on the mars base where the game takes place, and was walking around a bit talking to people, and meeting my (oddly relaxed and un-army-like) commanding officer, when it cut to a scene of the demons from hell beginning thier invasion, as a horde of the bull demons (what used to be the pink things in doom, which are now giant beasts with huge teeth and mechanical back legs) came through the warp-gate and began to smash equipment and kill scientists in gory ways. Meanwhile i was walking along a kind of "coridoor" in a hill above the main mars base when the alarms sounded, and then it had another cut scene of a "water snake" (a giant snake made from water, which is actually like an enemy in half life 2, not doom 3) in a room, and flying, transparent skulls turning people into zombies, Then i finally got to shoot my first zombie with the shotgun, blowing its head off, as we ran towards a main battle area where a group of soldiers where fighting a huge tide of zombies as they poured through a large crack in a wall (most of the zombies being unarmed biting ones, rather than ones with guns like in doom), i was now using a machine gun and trying to aim for thier heads, but the recoil was putting my aim off a bit, also the commander was shouting some orders at me, just as a horde of the bull demons smashed through a wall and ripped him in two, before i retreated into a side-room off the main room where the battle was taking place, there i saved and started to read the manual, which only listed 5 of the many enemies in the game, one of which was the hellknight, which looked pretty much the same as the 'current' doom 3 hellknight, as seen in previews, except it had been given metal armour and a horned helmet

As for truly scary nightmares, I haven't had any since I was a little kid.
I used to have nightmares just about every night and with many different themes, though a few classic types made it in there (falling down a water fall/falling down an endless cliff). Nowadays I can barely remember any of those nightmares and the memories of the few I can remember are so vague that I have no idea why they frightened me back then.

I vaguely remember dreaming about an "evil skull" in one of my closets that laughed insanely at me in the middle of the night (I hated waking up while it was dark in the house) and I remember one where I was hunted relentlessly by some witch character: the hunt ended in my own room where I barricaded myself but that damn li'l bitch managed to break through my barricade without trouble and stabbed me to death with a sword - I still remember that the pain and sensation of being impaled felt totally real.

Haven't had a proper scary nightmare since. Only nightmares I've had since then are just mildly unpleasant and end up with me waking up feeling really pissed or sad.

I can't fully remember the exact time when I had a real nightmare, but the last one I had was when I was 5 or so, the visions I had was just me spinning in constant cicles in an empty kitchen that then expanded never-endingly and a counter right in front of me then I stopped instantly and some thing poped in front of me which gave me the heebie jeebies. I then woke up in quite the sweat and paranoid and I can't recall if I cried or not, but I remeber my brother sitting there beside my bed lookig at me like O_o. Then I just got up and played some good ol' video games. :D

I haven't actually had a nightmare since I got my dreamcatcher, I'd say it works quite well and it looks neato too. :D

Martian nuclear holocaust. What's scary is that I didn't even know if it was intended to be a bomb or what. Scarier than that, when I woke up, I wasn't sure I was really awake.

Someone killed my Mum and it was really odd because when I woke up I still felt like it had happened. It took meh about 5 minutes to figure out that it was just a dream.

I'm having sex with the girl of my dreams (just some made up character), and I look up for some reason. However, when I look back down, I see that the girl had turned into a guy! Scary...

I had a really bad one last night. I was the child of two alcoholic parents. And one night the father stabbed the mother to death. Then he started stabbing my legs. I swear I could feel the whole thing. Then he sorta disappeared, and I tried to get up. But I could feel the open wounds rubbing against my pants (it was really my legs against the sheets). Then I "woke up", only to have it happen all over again.

You know, I dunno if you'd call em nightmares, as I tend to zone right out when I fall asleep. However, I do have quite an imagination and when trying to sleep, end up creating these bizarre stories involving me and some crazy plot/stunt, many a time these things have taken a life of their own and gone in directions that surprise me. A couple of times, I've almost fallen asleep and when I look at the time, several hours have past while I'm imagining them.

Another odd thing I have encountered though, is I'm fast asleep and it's morning, and I wake up... get dressed and have a shower and do what I normally do, and then all of a sudden, something triggers, and I actually do wake up and find I'm still in bed! It's bizarre especially when the "awake" me has been out all day and it's like 5PM, only to snap back and realise it's still early in the morning.

I don't quite understand what it is, but it's strange and quite interesting in an odd WTF way. An example is from this morning actually:
I had woken up and my parents came in and placed my present in my room, and urged me to open it, I recall getting up getting dressed and examining the gift which was some odd two set poster with a sequence of faces on it then put them in an easy to see place and walked out of my room.

It was at that moment real life kicked back in and I realised I was still in bed and people were urging me to get up so they could open presents. (thankfully the real present was far superior to that cool yet creepy imaginary poster!)