Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

American Mcgee: alice and oz

well after American Mcgee did Alice i thought well why not do wizard of oz.
while i have known that this is the current project i have had douts about it.

however he did a great job with Alice, too bad there is almost no maps out for it. and that it is only for windows. would have liked to see it ported to MAC and linux.

Oz is a good one because there is alot of dark humor in it. and like Alice, it is one of the few stories/movies you think of when someone says LSD.

so what other childrens tales, wierd children's movies and such do you think should be made into twisted games? well alice and oz where the only 2 i could think of. others i have heard where already dark and or twisted

Well, supposedly, the "Twizted Land Of Oz" set from McFarlane is supposed to be the preview of an upcoming McGee game of the same name, but it's just a rumor, and probably already proved wrong by now.

heh, roald dahl wrote a nice book of twisted fairy tales. having read that, i think you could turn anything really dark. but as he needs something longer.. oh, i bet something from the brothers grimm is his best bet.

I'd link to the Penny Arcade Strawberry Shortcake comic, but they got in legal trouble for that and it's no longer on their site. Heh.

I'd love to see Snowwhite turn into a twisted videogame. Lots of potential there. Charlie and the chocolate factory should work as well.

Disorder said:

Charlie and the chocolate factory should work as well.

that idea crossed my head as well, but despite it's darkness i can't really think of charlie going around killing things. snow white would probably work well. or perhaps pinocchio?

sargebaldy said:

that idea crossed my head as well, but despite it's darkness i can't really think of charlie going around killing things. snow white would probably work well.

He wouldn't nececssarily have to do anything other to be scared shitless. Imagine that the factory's all whacked out looking and instead of a chocolate waterfall and river, imagine it's some sort of horrible smelling substance that has no name. Imagine Mr. Wonka has a multiple personality disorder. There's all sorts of potential, if you think it through and do it right for a videogame.

sargebaldy said:

that idea crossed my head as well, but despite it's darkness i can't really think of charlie going around killing things.

I can't either, but can you imagine a shitload of pissed-off underpaid oompa loompas exacting revenge on the world?

The idea frightens me.

Well, this almost happened! Manson was supposed to redo Willy Wonka, after he redid The Family Trip (The Boat), but it never happened. He dropped out of the project, and was replaced by Johnny Depp, then the intire project went pttttttb. But thinking of a dark Willy Wonka... it wouldn't be hard, if you remember, Wonka did let some cruel stuff happen to children. Just take it a bit longer: the blue berry girl explodes, Veruca Salt falls in the furnace and DIES (bitch), etc. And evil Oompa Loompas would not be hard AT ALL.
In fact, I want to draw this.
I just might do that.

I can't wait for Tim Burton's chocolate factory remake. Excellent choice. He'll pull off the right bizarre visual style, no doubt.

yea tim burton should have helped with Alice and he should heklp with Oz.

yea wonka would be sweet, pun intended, if it was more twisted than it already was.

someone said the Three bears, well the original story (or maybe a variant of it) is fairly dark and evil. was used to warn children about strangers and witches. as well as being a theif.

red rideing hood is also darker and twisted than the modern "child's" version. that story was used to warn young girls/women about older men

Yeah, the original versions of a lot of stories were pretty fucked up, like Rapunzul or however you spell it. And stories all together were fucked up like Rumplestilskin.

nursery rhymes are equally dark and twisted. ring around the rosie, london bridge is falling down, et cetera.

Yeah, that's messed up.
But think about it, not even twenty years ago kids had balls, nowadays they cry when they lose at dodgeball because their pussy parents raised them that way instead of telling them that it happens and to just get up and go back in there and try it again until you win. And then the parents sue the school because dodgeball made their kid cry.

lol
I love playing dodgeball and when that one kid thinks he's so big and bad and when he catches one ball someone else throws you bash him right in the fucking face with yours.

I'd just use the ball I caught to block any other balls thrown at me. Then when everyone wastes all their ammo on me, I stamp "Voit" all over their foreheads, heheheh.

Skunkboy Kyle said:

Yeah, that's messed up.
But think about it, not even twenty years ago kids had balls, nowadays they cry when they lose at dodgeball because their pussy parents raised them that way instead of telling them that it happens and to just get up and go back in there and try it again until you win. And then the parents sue the school because dodgeball made their kid cry.

It's the Kidz Bop poser era. We have to learn to expect this from rich kids who group rap/hip-hop/rock/pop etc together, and have thier parents pay $200 for designer pants, so they can pretend to live in a "ghetto" instead of suburbia :-P

Skunkboy Kyle said:

Well, this almost happened! Manson was supposed to redo Willy Wonka, after he redid The Family Trip (The Boat), but it never happened. He dropped out of the project, and was replaced by Johnny Depp, then the intire project went pttttttb. But thinking of a dark Willy Wonka... it wouldn't be hard, if you remember, Wonka did let some cruel stuff happen to children. Just take it a bit longer: the blue berry girl explodes, Veruca Salt falls in the furnace and DIES (bitch), etc. And evil Oompa Loompas would not be hard AT ALL.
In fact, I want to draw this.
I just might do that.

Uhhh... no. Manson has always been intersted in playing Willy Wonka, but at the time there were no plans for a remake. Currently there is a remake in the works, Tim Burton will be directing, and personally would like Johnny Depp to play, but Marilyn is the second choice. Johnny Depp said in a recent interview that he would give up the part to The Reverened, if he would like it because he feels that the part is perfect for him.