Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom Fanatic

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

Maybe it's just the quality of the trailer, but if you ask me, it doesn't look that great. Even if it turns out to be an amazing film, it'll still flop at the box office.

I love the style, but I don't feel like watching this movie at all, despite Angelina Jolie's appearance. It just doesn't appeal to me.

I want to see it just because it looks very interesting. Its a sci-fi story about giant robots and shit destroying a city...but it's set in the 20s! It's kinda like Fallout... 50s style post-apocalyptic world.

It LOOKS very cool, but it could also suck very much. Worth a look at any rate.

Manga Girl Marchelle said:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it looks weird. At least it doesn't look like the Sky Captain the released last year. it looks much different

O_o

There's another?

I think he made it, and as for using it here, you'll need 250 posts first.

AFAIK, it's primarily a CGI film. Everything is rendered using computer graphics, with the characters cardboarded in, before some final bits of CGI composition. It has that comic feel missing in other comic-to-movie adaptations (since its basically a 3D cartoon), which bodes well.

Looks like crossbreed between War of the Worlds and ID4, with giant robots added for flavour. The trailer piques my interest, but I'll wait for the reviews (as always).

Disorder said:

I love the style, but I don't feel like watching this movie at all, despite Angelina Jolie's appearance.

"Heroin cheek prostitute" is a positive appearance?

the_Danarchist said:

O_o

There's another?

yah here in japan. A year ago there was a hour and a half film that sucked. It seemed to be popular, but the only storie in it is a robot that eats people. ate one man, then sky captain came in, blew the shit out of the one robot. the rest of the movie was boring dialogue. it was a independant film. no budget, and no actors. it was silent. you had to read. those tiny little japansese letters. way too small

It looks like The Iron Giant and the intro movie to Red Alert 2 made sweet CGI love. I like the Iron Giant and RA2, of course, I like jelly beans and mashed potatos but I'd never mix them together. It looks a little campy and over-dramatic, I'd maybe rent it.

AndrewB said:

Just wondering. What kind of girls do you like?

It looks like a cross between an old Superman episode (and I'm talking old), Iron Giant, and Big O. It should be fun to watch when it's out on video.

AndrewB said:

oh now you've done it andrewb, you insulted Angelina. NOW YOU SHALL PAY!

lol I wonder if she ever did heroin I know she dident look to healthy in gone in 60 seconds.

the_Danarchist said:

The one comic they need to make into a movie: Johnny the Homicidal Maniac

NO
Do you want them to ruin it like they've ruined everything else?

Skunkboy Kyle said:

NO
Do you want them to ruin it like they've ruined everything else?

If it was an animated movie done by Johnen, it would totally own. Just look at Invader Zim.