Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Job

Need for Greed 3

Well, it's the day after Xmas and the loot is collected. Personally, I don't care too much about the gifts (well, not too much anyway) but I'm proud of the books I got. A Webster's collection including a Thesaurus, Dictionary, compilation of cliches and famous quotes. Also, I got the Doom III alpha for Xmas, but I haven't tried it yet (if this can't be said on the forums, feel free to strike it from my post, mods). What did you get for Xmas or what did you like best out of your gifts?

Job said:

Also, I got the Doom III alpha for Xmas, but I haven't tried it yet (if this can't be said on the forums, feel free to strike it from my post, mods W).

The alpha wont work on nvidia cards.

Job said:

Also, I got the Doom III alpha for Xmas...

wait, how exactly did you get the alpha for Xmas?

i got a NIN shirt, a grey hoodie, a wal mart gift card, a barns&noble gift card, a zippo lighter, two necklaces, a t-shirt, and a pack of cigarettes. and laid twice. :P

True crime: streets of LA (might play it one day)

Have i got news for you? the best of the guest presenters DVD (boris johnson, wahey!)

Pheonix nights series 1 and 2 DVD's

Private eye 2003 annual

7 wonders of the industrial world book

Top 50 crap towns book (gotta find where skegness is in it..)

aaand..chocolate!

BlackFish said:

The alpha wont work on nvidia cards.

Yes, the game that's designed around a nvidia card will not run on one. Pure logic.

That was one of those posts that I would consider sarcasm unless blackfish didn't post it.

ichor......... if your not japanese, or do not live in japan, or have not been in japan, don't screw up yen currency. not to be rude, but the yen thing is as well off topic, there fore, you should have created another thread about yen.

nxn said:

Yes, the game that's designed around a nvidia card will not run on one. Pure logic.

Uhm, mebbe im wrong, but wasn't the alpha designed for (and leaked by) ati?

Not to start a bitchwar about the alpha, but im pretty sure im right.

Tobester said:

Uhm, mebbe im wrong, but wasn't the alpha designed for (and leaked by) ati?

Not to start a bitchwar about the alpha, but im pretty sure im right.

I forgot who it was leaked by but I don't think iD did any changes to the actual game code to suit ati cards any better. And I know that doom3 was designed around the geforce 3 which is an nvidia card obviously. The only thing I can imagine they changed in the game were the settings to be more suited around the ati card it was running on, and you can most likely change those through the console.

I do admit my memory is a little fuzzy sometimes, but I'd be surprised if it was any other way. One thing I am 100% sure on is that the alpha runs on nvidia cards.