Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Manga Girl Marchelle

QUAKE (glquake) error

Okay, I for 1 do not have a 3dfx card, yet it doesn't get me3dfx errors, but when I try to start it it sayz like almost 8 different errors, to many to remember, sum like VxD or Run -Window wtc and I really want glquake. this also happens with Tenanbrae

Hmmm...do you have the latest version of GlQuake and Quake?
Also, search for the file named 'opengl32.dll' and stick it in that directory.
Make sure you have the latest drivers installed for you video card and direct x.
Also, in the quake or glquake dir, delete all files (.dll) that start with '3dfx'
That should fix it

More obviously Marchelle, Do you have a video card that can support it? You mention "I for 1 do not have a 3dfx card, yet it doesn't get me3dfx errors" I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I'm assuming that you are saying that you don't have a 3D card. Therefore trying to run GLQuake is going to be pointless, as it won't run. If you do though, what type is it?

Try looking for the latest drivers for whatever card you have and getting DirectX 9. Also might help to know what machine you have, because you might end up getting it running, but if it's a slow machine it isn't worth it.

I'd also consider asking a quake forum.......atleast you asked in the Everything else forum I guess.

You might find this page useful.

rename your opengl32.dll to opengl32.bak or something like that so the game wont use it; now it will use the one in your win\sys dir; now the game should run

That's what I needed to do. IIRC, it's because the opengl32.dll file supplied with glquake was only for use with one of the very early 3dfx cards - commercial OpenGL technology was still in its infancy at the time glquake was released.

The same goes for Hexen 2. I recall this being described as the most frequently asked question in Hexen 2 forum.

Manga Girl Marchelle said:

I got it fixed. Tenebrae works too now. thnx for the help all.

I love you Manga Girl Marchelle! May I be the daughter of your children?!