Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

Doom1 Textures for Doom2

Does anyone know where to get the Doom1 textures for use with Doom2? IIRC, SargeBaldy uploaded them.

IIRC they were around long before SargeBaldy.

I've got a DOOM1TEX.ZIP, but I find no match for that on the archive. *chats you up on AIM, problem solved... for you*

EDIT: And if anybody asks, I think this isn't on the archives because it contains graphics from Doom, unmodified, and therefore is not distributable. That leaves the question "Where the flying fuck did I get this thing in the first place?"

Would you send me a copy of the Doom 1 textures, also? I've tried importing them using WinTex, but they all get corrupted, and I'd like to have both sets (Doom 1 & 2) available, if possible. I also tried re-creating them, again using WinTex, but that led to other problems - plus, I haven't got the time. Thanks.

I'd prefer that somebody post here telling us all where we can get this from instead of me operating as some sort of AIM file-transfer server for everybody who wants it... I mean, Doomboy was already on my list and all that, see.

Let me know when the dust settles, would you? Or point me in the direction of how I can combine texture sets for myself without corrupting them. I use Windows 2000, BTW. Thanks!

Read some docs or something PLEASE!

You should be able to carry over the doom 1 textures to doom 2 using wintex, its not that hard

Wintex doesn't work for me (see my posting above). The Doom 1 textures all come in missing columns and are useless. I'm looking forward to using Deepsea, since I understand it performs all of the functions of Wintex and maybe more. Hope it works. Sorry to have been a pain.

Did you import both the patches AND the textures? Because the texture just says how to organize the various patches, and if you didn't import the patches then it's not going to work.

OK, I've probably been using the wrong terminlogy. I'm still new at Wintex and haven't found any button (or whatever) that says anything like "import textures/patches," so what I've been trying to do is combine wads.

I start a new, blank wad as a Doom II wad in Wad Author, then copy in my Doom 1 maps, save, and select the new file as a Doom II file in the bottom list window of Wintex, select Doom 1 in the top list window, and click "Join Pwads."

Of course, this isn't the right way to do it, and when you pick yourself up off the floor and get yourself under control once more, you'll tell me how to do it properly. (If I can use Wintex and have it work as it should on my system -- which it so far has stubborly refused to do -- I will sacrifice a virgin carrot to the Great God Glob.)

Erm, well, there technically isn't a button that says "import textures" etc, but there is Edit --> Copy and Edit --> Paste, which works pretty well for me.

the set i uploaded at /idgames had some problems. the current d:e texture wad is here (although that contains a couple "new" graphics that are modifications of old ones, such as a computer flat facing in the fourth, missing direction).

Thanks, Kid Airbag, for the copy & paste tip. I'll see how that works. Right there under my nose all the time!

And thanks, Sarge Baldy, for the link. The set sounds like an improvement on the original, which is a real plus. I always wondered why that fourth computer flat was missing.