The 9th Level of Hell is Revealed!

So? What did you think?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. So? What did you think?

• AWESOME!
    • Pretty Good.
    • Eh
    • Sucked

Yes, lots of 3d bridges and alot more. I've played alot of maps over the years and I tried to incorporate stuff I've used before plus some new stuff. I especially attempted to take lighting and shadows a little further with this one and use the 3d affect with more than just bridges which I accomplished quite well.
Come to think of it - I haven't seen more than a couple of maps or so that use 3d effects well and one of them was mine - Bloodworks. You may not feel there is anything of note in there but I spent alot of time on nuances and gameplay and if you take the time to look around AFTER getting your ass kicked then you might notice them. Perhaps if you are looking for more you should consider a game that can render true 3d rather than a game that can only imitate it when done by people who know how.

It's a nice map, a bit weird maybe, but pretty fun. I wouldn't call it state of the art in any way though.

Erik said:

It's a nice map, a bit weird maybe, but pretty fun. I wouldn't call it state of the art in any way though.

Honestly, I can't think of any more ways to use the 3d abilities of the game. I think I've done it all in this map. I think what makes it unique is that it will play in multiple ports as opposed to being port specific. I spent ALOT of time on some of those effects - getting them to work in just such a way as I needed them to for the purpose of the map. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy playing the map. I'm taking a couple months off. I spent the better part of the last six months using my spare time (what little there is of it) building this one.

BlackFish said:

The map looks very good. It's also cpu intensive on my 2.0ghz. O_O

More likely your video card or ram. I run a 1ghz with 256 and a geforce4 64 meg and it runs fine.

OK map, though a bit too cramped for my liking. Detaling is ok, but by no means the best. And I don't see any 3d tricks here that haven't been done (again and again) before. And to be honest, some of them don't work quite properly. Like in the red key room, there's a 3d bridge effect but you can't work under it.

I did really like the music though.

The Flange Peddler said:

OK map, though a bit too cramped for my liking. Detaling is ok, but by no means the best. And I don't see any 3d tricks here that haven't been done (again and again) before. And to be honest, some of them don't work quite properly. Like in the red key room, there's a 3d bridge effect but you can't work under it.

I did really like the music though.

Ya, the music is pretty cool. I thought it fit well with the level.
I realize that pretty much everything that can be done with the engine HAS been done with the engine but I attempted to do stuff that I had never seen before or do it in a new way. Either way, I felt that the map came out really well and hopefully it will get a good review in the /newstuff. :-)