Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Szymanski

SKY texture into pwad

I'd like to insert a new sky into a pwad, but deepsea refuses as RSKY1 is already used (im using 'auto textures from bitmaps')

save me from my retardation :)

Szymanski said:

I'd like to insert a new sky into a pwad, but deepsea refuses as RSKY1 is already used (im using 'auto textures from bitmaps')

ATM that tool checks existing names to keep users from accidently destroying existing resources. All you really want to do is replace the LUMP RSKY1 which is not the same as the TEXTURE named SKY1. IOW, if you had done what you thought you wanted to do, the end result would have been a texture called RSKY1, not SKY1. IOW auto textures from bitmaps does exactly that - it takes a bitmap, makes it into a patch, adds it to pnames and adds it to TEXTURE1. So I hope you see why I added some measure of name checking to make sure people understood what was happening. Extended checking for possible conflicts is what distinquishes all the PWAD tools.

When I get the ingame texture alignment done I'll put an option in there to override this with the understanding that all I can do is warn somebody that what they think is happening may not be what is really happening :)

So what you use for just replacing a lump is F7- Import. Make the target your PWAD and then import the BMP you have called RSKY1.

You can also use TEXTUREx Name edit is for manually constructing any TEXTURE name using any patch names, plus setting hires scaling, etc for ZDOOM.

Szymanski said:

don't use auto textures. instead, just use the import to pwad tool and have your bitmap renamed as rsky1 and import it into the wad.

edit: pretty much what deep said... :P

Bashe said:

Simple: don't use Deepsea.

Typical response...read Deep's note to solve your problems.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT