Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nanami

GTA3 vs Vice City

Skunkboy Kyle said:

Both are good for their differences.
GTA3 has cooler cars, better commericals in my opinion, eaiser missions, etc.
Vice City has motorcycles, harder missions, lots of fun minigames, famous hollywood actors, better radio stations, etc.
Either way, I love 'em both.
I just hope the next GTA game is even better than both.

Yeah... I hated the radio stations in GTA3 because they don't seem like... anything. Vice City has actualy 80s music but I can't tell what the music in GTA3 is supposed to be (and the station names are nondescriptive) so I just listen to Chatterbox.

And yeah, I hope GTA4 is good. I read that it may take place in Las Vegas, but they haven't decided yet. It also said it might be out the later half of 2004. I hope they make it a little more modern. As Espi said once, it's funny how there's an apache in Vice City (the hunter) but the tank is like an old WWII relic. I'd love to see a modern tank... you know, one that's low, long, and sleek, has mounted machine/miniguns, and can go about 90 MPH or more.

Some things I'd like to see...

More cars
Customizable paint jobs
Bicycles
Lots more motorcycles
A much better tank!
Some new and unique weapons... I like having unusual weapons. Like a shard of glass or something.

its probably (I SAID PROBABLY, NOT DEFINTLEY, NOTHING, NOTHING NOTHING HAS BEEN OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED!*) going to be set in San andreas, which will be based on san francisco, just becuase that was the name of the middle city in the first GTA (liberty city and vice city have already been done, of course)

*cause GTA fans tend to be thick as fuck and belive any bullshit rumour, insist certian impossible things can be done in-game, and call each other fags a lot

deathbringer said:

its probably (I SAID PROBABLY, NOT DEFINTLEY, NOTHING, NOTHING NOTHING HAS BEEN OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED!*) going to be set in San andreas, which will be based on san francisco,

Heh, weird. I just had a dream last night I was playing GTA3 except it was in San Fransisco. I got to push a hot dog stand down some steep ass hill which then hit some police officer. That's when I woke up.

So yeah, it would be cool if GTA4 took place in a San Fransisco-ish area.

I actually prefer Vice City, for several reasons:

-The vehicles.
-The weapons.
-The more "solid" storyline and missions (especially the assets!).
-The main character has more charisma than the last guy.
-The 80s radio (even though GTA3 has a kickass drum&bass station).

GTA3 has a different atmosphere and city, both of which I like, but VC is just more fun to play in. It's odd - I got annoyed and bored with GTA3's missions about halfway through the second island, but GTA:VC kept my attention for quite a while.

/edit EXCEPT FOR THE FUCKING MOVIE THEATER PLANE MISSION.

Nanami said:

Yeah... I hated the radio stations in GTA3 because they don't seem like... anything. Vice City has actualy 80s music but I can't tell what the music in GTA3 is supposed to be (and the station names are nondescriptive) so I just listen to Chatterbox.

Yeah, the radio stations in GTA3 suck, except Chatterbox and the mp3 station (bow down, for I have brought industrial to the people of Liberty City!). But the radio stations in Vice City suck from what I heard of them too. All they play is crap (well, I guess it's a good simulation of real life then). Where is the Skinny Puppy, where is the Gary Numan, where is the Devo, where is the Oingo-Boingo, where is the Front 242, where's the fucking Berlin? Who's fucked up version of the 80s is this anyway, damnit?

Nanami said:

Heh, Wave 103 plays Gary Numan.

1 song isn't enough!

Coopersville said:

Then I guess you have no problems with the police that throw spike strips and shoot out your tires every other block. :P

I personally like VC better. Not being able to bail in GTA3 is a great annoyence to me, that and the cars also seem to tip over easier in that game too. I don't like the road/island layout of GTA3 either. Once you've gotten to the third island, a lot of the missions require you to drive from one island to another and I often get lost.

That's cause you suck and probably have a life so you can't memorize everything about the game ;P
I actually like that about GTA3. It gives you an incentive to keep playing... instead of having one bigass city, and like "Oh sweet 100+ missions to play and nothing changes" whereas in GTA3 there are new areas to look forward to. IMO anyway. Meh.

Ubik said:

I actually prefer Vice City, for several reasons:

-The vehicles.
-The weapons.
-The more "solid" storyline and missions (especially the assets!).
-The main character has more charisma than the last guy.
-The 80s radio (even though GTA3 has a kickass drum&bass station).

GTA3 has a different atmosphere and city, both of which I like, but VC is just more fun to play in. It's odd - I got annoyed and bored with GTA3's missions about halfway through the second island, but GTA:VC kept my attention for quite a while.

/edit EXCEPT FOR THE FUCKING MOVIE THEATER PLANE MISSION.

Hey hey.... Even though it's in both the games let's not forget about Chatterbox, I'd always listen to that station! Even if I had listened to it already. And another thing about Vice City is, it's much bigger!

Vice City owns GTA3, definitely, for all the reasons above.
Btw, you still get car bombs in Vice, (IIRC)check out the 'crazy 8-ball shop' at the docks.

Janderson said:

Vice City owns GTA3, definitely, for all the reasons above.
Btw, you still get car bombs in Vice, (IIRC)check out the 'crazy 8-ball shop' at the docks.

Yeah, nearly everyone on this thread has mentioned it so I finally looked around and checked it out. It's a bit lame though, because you have to take every car there and are stuck with the detonator until you use it. I thought it'd be something you throw at a car and it sticks, or something.

But nothing is perfect.... Sadly there are no-sticks.... Could you stick bombs you the helicopters? I never got that far on my own...

i liked gta3 better than vice city, i dunno, maybe because of gameplay or something, but vice city is much bigger than gta3

tails173 said:

But they do get boring after a while, much like all games....

Doom didn't.

EDIT: Hell, niether did Sonic or Metal Gear.

**********************SPOILER*ALERT*************************

Well, not that big as the game has been out for almost 3 years, but Nanami might still be playing it. : )

I have a question about GTA3: What happens to Donald Love, I didn't really figure that out. In the "mission" Love's Disappearance, is that the last we see of our beloved arrogant radio owner? Did the cartel just kidnap and/or kill him because of the box he had? Or did I miss something?

I still play Vice City. I have 100% completion now, but still like to do things. I have a "law enforcement collection" at Sunshine Autos going now. I have...

1 Police Car
1 FBI Washington
1 FBI Rancher (fun to drive)
1 Enforcer
2 Rhino Tanks
2 Barracks OTL (one covered, one uncovered)

Also, rampages never get old.

Vice City has the better stuff like bikes, choppers, bailouts, tire blowouts, etc but GTA3 has a much better map. Varied terrain and enviroments, not just a big flat landmass.

Bailing from the helicopter is almost useless because it instantly drops instead of staying in the air for a little bit, like it should.

If you leap out, it'll fall beside you all the way to the ground, which means you won't instantly be killed by being inside it, but you'll still get blown up pretty bad.

I still like GTA:VC better. Maybe because i played it before GTA3 but it has better music, vehicles, graphics, gameplay(not sure about this one), and bugs.

Bailing is fun at certain times(like running from cops). I collect cars like that to and yes rampages never get old.^_^