Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Icarus Demos [-complevel 2]

vdgg said:

It's a map by Mike Bristol - "Another Fine Mess". Does anyone know more maps created by him?

The TeamTNT Members by Member Name page lists his projects as Bloodlands, Icarus, LUC, Pursuit and Ragnarok.

So his other TeamTNT work is DM, non-Doom or unreleased/abandoned. The archive full text search yields nothing, and searching for "Bristol" doesn't find anything relevant. Unless he was known by some other name, there may not have been any other SP maps by him, which does seem odd given the quality of this one. Maybe he posted something at the CompuServe Games Forum (TeamTNT members tended to be active there) which has now been lost to the world.

Funny to hear about your Ronge style demo, especially if your route there took you right past the red key a second time (like in the one you've released). I think I got that message once or twice when recording UV Speed.

The map is certainly one of the most memorable from Icarus - excellent battles and a secret requiring an archie jump made it ahead of its time.

Is it possible to press Exit switch from outside on map29? In this case 30ic2116.lmp could be faster than 20 minutes. I got to void over line 1484 (much harder for me in comparison with similar glide on doom2 map30), but I do not understand how you guys press switches from outside

It looks like a one you can use from void. There's one pixel you have to hit in certain angle. At least in e2m6.

That would be fantastic. The fact that Map29 took so long is one major blemish in the 30iv TAS speed movie.

So, while waiting for a YouTube video to finish being uploaded and processed, I figured I'd go back to my old stomping ground. I've improved more than a few of my demos from 2007, and now you can check them out. Enjoy!

IC13TGH2.ZIP - Demos for MAP13: Asylum, including:

• IC13-030.LMP - UV speed in 0:30 (old: 0:33; 0:31 by Kristian Ronge)
  • IC13n030.LMP - NM speed in 0:30 (old: 0:33)
  • IC13p031.LMP - UV pacifist in 0:31
IC03-027.ZIP - UV speed on MAP03: Quarry in 0:27 (old: 0:32; 0:29 by Kristian Ronge)
IC01-127.ZIP - UV speed on MAP01: Shuttlecraft in 1:27 (old: 1:43)

j4rio said:

boring, don't watch

Icarus is such a lovely wad that I'm sure you'll have an audience even for long tedious Tysons. So keep 'em coming as long as you are enjoying recording them!

Grazza said:

Icarus is such a lovely wad that I'm sure you'll have an audience even for long tedious Tysons. So keep 'em coming as long as you are enjoying recording them!

I've always had passion for tysons, but this map... well you have almost unlimited ammo, health, berserk and over 100 weak stuff to kill scattered in a load of halls. Not a sort of tyson for me.

BTW map 5 tyson in 15:06

icarusmap5tyson.zip

vdgg said:

map12 tyson in 16:29 :) Hope you'll beat it j4rio, my demo sucks...

It's allrighty. (:
You actually used tactics unlike my fisting everything on sight.

There are still plently of maps I haven't even looked at which I'd rather prefer attempting, but I'll be sure to try and improve some overtaken, if there'll be any more. Maybe you could have a look at 6 or 11 (9 doesn't seem doable to me, unless I missed a berserk). Both are doable (I guess) but 6 is just plain annoying for me and 11 with that last spidermind is overkill. =E

Glad you liked my map 8 btw, I didn't consider it too good though.

MAP06 is the only one I tried before MAP12 (because it's nice). All right, I just gave it another look. Tried recording with extensive cheating (savegames). Looks way too difficult for me - practically all the ammo you get is from chaingunners, no armor, no health (on UV, that is, as there was a soulsphere on HMP). I don't know what else is doable, but MAP13 and MAP22 don't look impossible at first sight - and MAP22 should be fun.

Anima Zero said in 2007: (ic06-117)
Anyways, could still be improvable by at least 2-3 seconds or so if one is more insane then I am.

Insane? Ok, count on me!

MAP06 UV-Max in 1:14

ic06-114.zip

Indeed, your 1:11 is a great run. You became really skilled in optimizing the UV Max action at short distances, so if you want, you definitely can break some original Doom max records as well :-)

Heh, I never really thought about recording on iwads. Maybe because it is COMPET-N territory, or maybe I just don't want to 'ruin' my childhood memories by playing these maps in a speed-style. I'll think about it. Now back to Icarus:

MAP17 UV-Max in 4:00

ic17-400.zip