Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am a bad mapper... I have never completed anything in the form of maps. Anything I have done so far is just a couple rooms (and just rooms). I have been working on what would be my first wad, but I don't have any motivation to work on it anymore/complete it.

But I have these screenshots (1280 X 1024... too lazy to downsize them...). Maybe you will convince me to return to work or to end my existence in life.. either way, doesn't matter.
One
Two
Three
Four

Wonderful theme, eh? heh... blah.

That fourth screenshot doesn't look too bad. If it plays well, you get my approval.

Heh, I was going to make a here are some screenshots, please motivate me to finish this rubbish thread but I asked to join CC2 instead:)

Anyway you should certainly continue. Approximation of a realistic environment in Doom is always interesting to see. I liked the third screen in particular; it shows great promise. Somewhat reminiscent of REAL only with more detail

Hey hey, there is no need to be so down on your work, looking from the screenshots, you do have the ability to map. From looking at them, I personally thought they looked well, I liked that beach theme, for I've never seen such before and it really blew my whistle. :D The making and look of the levels look good, you just need to have confidence in it then it will show much better. You may not see them as much but they are surely maps worth playing if you can finish them. I hope to see some progress on them. :)

Damn I'm a slow mapper. Well, I managed to get back into a mapping mood (getting into a mood for anything is hard with having Depression). I really like how the map is coming along, but that is just me.
I sort of have some monster placement down for what I have so far, but either I made it to difficult (I doubt it) or I suck.

Blah, I'm just bored.

The beach
Just a small room
Part of the caves
Room that has yet to be finished

"Hey Jimmy, what are you fishin' for today? Bass? Trout?

Jimmy: Nah, just fishin for compliments."

:p

Sorry, people get inspired from within, not from constant approval.

Ness said:

"Hey Jimmy, what are you fishin' for today? Bass? Trout?

Jimmy: Nah, just fishin for compliments."

:p

Sorry, people get inspired from within, not from constant approval.

This has nothing to do with not being inspired, I just want to show people what I have done. I don't care what people say, just that they have seen it is enough for me.

In my opinion, I think you just need more colours. Colours will cover anything and everything you don't like.