Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arioch

Hell Revealed, Again

Oh Happy Days!!! - Finally at long last, HR2 is seeing the light of day... I'm so happy, ahem, okay, uhm, now to play it. SWEET!!!

It seems a bit hard for me to truly enjoy on skill 4, I'll play on skill 3 or 2 most likely.

Yipee!

I certainly hope they paid attention to small details like texture offsets this time... God those crates in HR were horrible!

Yea, I've got something bad to say about everything.
Even oranges. :P

"Why are they so fucking orange?"

haha two of my old old old maps are in there, map06 and part of map11... just to give you an idea how long this has been in production I made those maps back in like 1998 or 1999, and map11 has my first successful sky window (I was so proud :P ). Nutty. The other (non-mine) maps seem to be way better than those though (in terms of looks).

It's not every day that MAP01 of a megawad is harder than most maps you've played recently.

I can't remember what level it was, but it was on skill 3, and you walk up to 4 barons in formation. "Okay, no big deal." I turn around and hightail out of there and there is an archvile in my face. "Okay, shit."

So after killing off the barons 10 times each and finally get to the archvile, I blow his guts out and splatter them all over the wall (out of revenge). Then I grab the red key, which I was so desperate to get my grasp on, and a door opens and out pops 10 revenants. At this point (after killing 40 barons and one nasty archvile) I have 35 health left. Well... you know the rest :P

It's way too hard in my opinion, but good.

Heh - Yeah that part was pretty hard. I found it easier to hide behind the cages that the mancubi were in (the red key pillar was in between them), you can then SSG the Revenants. Then after that I grabbed the rockets and let loose on the Archies and Barons. They all seem to pile up in front of the walkway, thus making them sitting ducks.

Hell Revealed II kicks some serious ass so far. GREAT JOB everyone!

I certainly hope they paid attention to small details like texture offsets this time...

What do you think I've been working on for the last three years? :-)

Cyb said:

haha two of my old old old maps are in there, map06 and part of map11... just to give you an idea how long this has been in production I made those maps back in like 1998 or 1999, and map11 has my first successful sky window (I was so proud :P ). Nutty. The other (non-mine) maps seem to be way better than those though (in terms of looks).

Heh, two of my children are in there too, I didn't remember map25 at all! With textures and everything! It was a moment of true happiness! map26 is also there... too bad it had been released already. Anyway, both maps have been tuned with more monsters & stuff. I'm off to play it.. :)

Hahahaha, skill 4 r0x0rs so far - I'm halfway through and I've not had this much fun for quite a while...

(wad of the year already?)

Sparky123 said:

nbow if only they released plutonia 2 on time

Well there never was a release date as the website is never updated...but AFAIK it's just tweaks and stuff to do now.