Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lord Raffles

TC Block of the most ironic kind...

I have been working on over a hundred Ww2/Third Reich theme Textures and flats in the past year, I've gathered the sprites for all the enemies, all the sound fx, interface, etc... but I have no clue on what to do a story about...

I'm not asking for help, I just felt like pointing out the irony.

Here's a story for you. Long ago, an Austrian politician was assassinated and it stirred up a major shitstorm. A whole bunch of countries went to war, and nobody really wins these things, but Germany lost especially. It came to pass that a madman used the economic weakness of the country as a means to find a way into power, promising to fix things (which he did, actually), and amassed extreme military power with which to take on the world. Hilarity ensues!

There are a few holes, but:
Basic background story.
War.
???
Profit.

Skunkboy Kyle said:

Would you like a story? I could cook up an idea for you.

No need chap, I think I've got a concept - WW2 undercover. That will be the main title, but beneath it can be a series of sub-scenarios such as assasination of Hitler to things like blowing up a bridge.

If youre gonna be using a port that supports friendly monsters ect, a doom d-day landings might be interesting

Or you could base it on the story of that bloke who won a VC in the war somewhere in northern europe (bad receollection hehe) by destroying something like 16 german tiger tanks (at the time the best tank in the world) using only a crappy anti-tank gun which is meant to be operated by two people on his own, and then later holding and firing a mortar cannon as if it was a rifle...

Lord Raffles said:

No need chap, I think I've got a concept - WW2 undercover. That will be the main title, but beneath it can be a series of sub-scenarios such as assasination of Hitler to things like blowing up a bridge.

Wolfenstein 3d ripoff :-P

Undercover is probably a decent enough concept, but stay away from Hitler - he's Blazcowicz' prey :-P

I could probably cook up a story for you - writing stories is one of my major hobbies.

Oh and the D-day thing is definitely something you should do if you can. With the Doom engine's capabilities of displaying hordes of characters on-screen, it'd end up being a far more faithful recreation of the Normandy "chaos" than the one in MoH:AA.
*drools at the thought.

Shouldn't this be in 'wads & mods' btw?

dsm said:

Wolfenstein 3d ripoff :-P

Undercover is probably a decent enough concept, but stay away from Hitler - he's Blazcowicz' prey :-P

I could probably cook up a story for you - writing stories is one of my major hobbies.

Oh and the D-day thing is definitely something you should do if you can. With the Doom engine's capabilities of displaying hordes of characters on-screen, it'd end up being a far more faithful recreation of the Normandy "chaos" than the one in MoH:AA.
*drools at the thought.

Shouldn't this be in 'wads & mods' btw?

the assasination of Hitler would be based on historical allied assasination attempts...:)

I want this TC to become a series of different scenarios - probably 5-10 levels long min.

Heh, just make Klauss Barbie your special bitch. Or maybe Herman Goering or any number of the old-skool Nazi crew.

Might I suggest you explore the connection between the Third Reich and IBM? IBM built all the punch card machines that the Nazis used to register and track Jews and other persecuted peoples, with full knowledge of what they were to be used for. There's a lot of info you can find on the web about the atrocious behavior of that company during WWII.

A fitting plot for a Wolfenstein game involving this would be that Hitler wants to build an intelligent machine which will be able to automatically plan battles and predict the enemy, so he gets IBM to build this huge, MASSIVE machine the size of several buildings. You'd be running around inside this huge computer. True it's an anachronism, but true computers were only a decade off or so at that point, and military technology is always ahead of civilian tech. Plus, other Wolfenstein stories certainly have other anachronisms like Dr. Schabb's genetic engineering and the nuclear submarine in WolfenDOOM: Arctic Wolf (which was bad ass to say the least).

I'd say German military tech was the best military tech there was out there, even, so it's not really all that anachronistic to assume that they could have had that stuff if their scientists had been looking in the right direction. (Perhaps to some extent they DID!)

In real life the first case of genetic engineering actually happened in 1890 (a rabbit embryo was successfully implanted in a surrogate mother), the first ever nuclear sub was commissioned (by the Americans) in 1954, and by the end of WWII the Germans were extremely close to a number of technological breakthoughs: including cracking the atom and creating the world's first jet fighter.

In other words, Wolf 3D and Wolfendoom's seemingly fantastical storylines are really just exaggerations of the truth :)

Nightmare: Add to that, they made the world's first assault rifle (the STG-44, referred to quite incorrectly as the MP-44 in some games).

I think I have the best collection of Sprites/Textures for a WW2 TC in the whole history of Doom TCs (hahaha)... there's a year's worth of work, and I want to now use them...;)

Here are some of the things the Nazis were attempting during WWII:

Reanimation - Yes, supposedly they did try to reanimate dead soldiers.
Dyeing - They attempted to dye eye and hair color of the Jewish and convert them over to Christianity. While the hair color was semi-succesful (they used full bleach, which killed many people), the eye dying blinded many.
Nuclear bombs - They were making their own form of nuclear bombs using a hard water plant in Norway. In fact the very first Special Forces group (a mix of America's worst and Canada's best) was supposed to destroy it, but was beat out by Norway freedom fighters who destroyed the factory.
Steroids - They were trying to find ways to make soliders stronger.

NiGHTMARE said:

In other words, Wolf 3D and Wolfendoom's seemingly fantastical storylines are really just exaggerations of the truth :)

In a couple of cases, yes, but my story line for an intelligent machine would be quite a gross exaggeration, seeing that we are nowhere even near replicating true intelligence with machines (we're still not sure if we CAN, let alone how to go about it).