Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ryback

HR2 demopack

Really enjoyed Altima's Map18 demo... still have many left to go though. Keep it up guys, these are great!

The cacos in that area usually go down for the last battle and get killed by a BFG, I checked with iddt and it seemed OK. I'll try to remake the demo anyway, it's not very fast and the map is a lot of fun.

Opulent, are you okay? My map 18 demo is crap! =) My 1% must've been what made you like it...you DO like those close calls after all ;)

I also uploaded a max for h211 in 4:18, just a few seconds faster than Ryback... don't ask. I was bored and just...wanted to play this map, and kinda shaved 6 seconds from Ryback ^_^

Finally, after a week of attempts, I have a 1 second improvement for h213 max o.o Jeez, I'm sick of it now...I USED to love this map... =(

Oh well, I guess this pays off for something... the time is 6:29 on the demo...

btw, which maps are still undone ?
I could try to go for it...

How does this demo pack works ? fastest demo gets a place ?

so if Radek sneaks in, the demopack will be 100% radek :)

Okay, the unfinished maps are 15, 19, and 24. Doom II is recommended, but port demos are welcome (preferrably PRBoom ;), but that's just coming from me =P). Fastest time gets the place. The times for the other maps are on the first page of this thread.

Good luck =)

VinceDSS said:

How does this demo pack works ? fastest demo gets a place ?

so if Radek sneaks in, the demopack will be 100% radek :)

Sorry I haven't felt like recording, those last maps will get done though. As for the demopack, fastest demos gets a place, but we don't try for a competitive atmosphere, just playing whatever we like, but sometimes it happens by itself. As for the Radek comment, nah, not happening. I'm sure anyone could do something about that if it happened. :)

I recorded a demo for map15, but it's real crap, I cannot decently upload it. It's my 1st exit , it's actually the 1st time i get past the blue door.
So I was running around looking for health, ammo and where to go next :)

I'll try to make a real plan and record a demo without too much dull moments.

Altima said:

Doom II is recommended, but port demos are welcome (preferrably PRBoom ;), but that's just coming from me =P).

Just to clarify (and hopefully prevent disappointment):

Ryback said in the opening post in this thread (my underlining):
* all demos should play back with Doom2.exe. Prboom -complevel 0 demos are okay, I just don't know if demo compatibility is going to be a issue with this wad. So maybe I might not include a demo if it desyncs in vanilla Doom. (Would be interested to hear other opinions on this). Port demos should be indicated as such.

I got map15 in 18:12 but still it's not a great demo. I play very safe and use long route that minimizes ressurections, I do long loops to get some monsters and specific items.

So I think 12:xx with a fast reckless play would be really a good time.

I'll keep on with this map, down to 15:xx if I can. If you dont get any better demos for this map (which would be a shame) I'll send you mine.

ok, uploaded a new h203 in 7:43, looks a bit more businesslike :). this was recorded with doom2.exe, as well - I've got it running very nicely under Linux with dosemu now...

Uploaded Map17 in 11:00.

Believe it or not, it's my third exit after endless tries. 30 hours totally? Oh my god :/
I wouldn't say I will not play this $§&%§ map again, but now I'm satisfied that there is a more (up to the yellow door) or less (after it) flawless run. Someone for under 10 mins?

I uploaded a pack from Radek, consisting of these demos.

h206-221
h210-337
h211-353

That should be it for now.

I've been going through the demos and updating the table.

Question: who did map21 in 6:02? The demo zip isn't identified and there's no textfile.

Well, I had a few hours spare time so I improved my map 17 -fast to 14:08. I made a few stupid things without which it would be under 14 min.

h221-602 is from Method, h213-544 is from Radeg (at least he said it).
very nice demos all of these, pity I have not much time for recording something now.

Nice page Opulent but I never did -fast demos for map 20... maybe i should have named the .zip files better to avoid confusion. The only ones I did are map01,02 and 17. And btw. what do the marks by some names mean?(for example: 2:30 DeDo*)

oops. I did say it was rough. :D
The asterisks were originally for demos that weren't on the ftp... but I messed that up too.
I'll check into it later...

Well, all I know is, that the map13 demo is indeed Radek's. And I never did but the one demo for map 29, which is the 45-minute one.

op: what's with the time on hr03 on your page? Did I report it wrong? oh, and the map03 run is doom2.exe not prboom. also the map01 pacifist run. actually i'd rather you pretend that one doesn't exist, since it looks so bad - i just wanted to record a demo with doom2.exe under linux back when my emulation was still pretty bad quality (I have a way to get it really nice now, hence the decent MAP03 run).

It was listed as both 7:43 and 7:46. I tend to believe the zipfile.
I'll clean the page up when I update... if I ever get free from work. :(

speaking of DOS emulators, could anyone point me a good one for XP ?
Also, are there any that can handle IPX network for doom under XP,
probably not, just wondering :P

Because even if doom2 works without sound under XP, it does not detect
IPX even if WinXP has the protocol installed and running.

PS : I have not retried map15 yet, but Ill as soon as I get more time...

think 7:46 is correct - that's the time on the demo and the zipfile, and I do those first...I only wrote 7:43 in this thread, I guess that was a typo.