Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mewse

The Fish Goes Out In Bubbles

Anthony Soto, the Swedish Fish, has released his final Doom project over at his page. In his own words:

I'd like to start your DOOM year off on a good note. Today I announce the release of "End Game". End Game is an 8 level wad set for DOOM2 by Erik Alm, Joe Pallai, Anthony Soto, Lee Szymanski, Jan Van der Veken, and Josh Zylstra. It's my final DOOM project. I hope you like it. Look for "endgame.zip" in the newstuff chronicles. Thanks to the map authors and Lee, Erik, and Fredrik for helping me playtest and compile it. I wanted to go out with a bang. I'd like to dedicate this to one of DOOM's finest: Doug Merrill. This one's for you Doug. Enjoy.

This isn't deathz0r's week on /newstuff, is it?

mewse said:
This isn't deathz0r's week on /newstuff, is it?

No, deathz0r is dead; I put a bullet in his head.

The wad is in /incoming, and does not otherwise have a link to it, so it seems we'll have to wait...

Yes, it's Ultimate DooMer this week.

It would have been my week according to the normal rotation, but UD needed to swap weeks with me, so I took last week's.

Wow, that was more than nice. I'd never be able to earn that.
I really look forward to this!

It's a real shame to see him finally leave, but on the other hand it's not like he's been around a lot lately :|

what do I know, I read the swedish translation of HHGTTG most of the times I read it :P

I just moved it into newstuff. It should go to the mirrors in about a half hour.

The fullsort will be current about 5 minutes after that, and will show up on mirrors 6 hours after that.

Future reference:

If something's an "important" release, feel free to email me. I wouldn't have known that one was special by the name but could have handled it a while ago when it was first posted if I'd known. I usually just hit updates once a day when I'm in the mood :)

The Ultimate DooMer said:

/me goes off and starts a marathon Saturday night's DooMing...

If you need help, feel free to ask. I'm pretty much nocturnal.

Hey Anthony (yeah, I think you're peeking from out there), thanks for this great farewell wad you put together along with the rest of the Endgame crew.

Lee's MAP07 is really good.. so's 06. Why wasn't it included with Mordeth E3? I can see it not fitting but hey, Gaston can use all the help he can get...

Um, Anthony, you'll also have a map in Crucified Dreams, whenever it's released.

Oh nice. Judging from the 3rd /newstuff screenie, that's a Mordeth map using some Mordeth textures. Nice going there, Anthony. You could at least have asked.

Now I'll have to download and see what else got taken.

Mordeth said:

Now I'll have to download and see what else got taken.

map06 and textures, everthing else is original

Szymanski said:
map06 and textures, everthing else is original

Somehow I get the impression that you think that is perfectly ok..? Anthony and I had agreed (or so I thought) to keep that level for Mordeth. And you sure as hell can't use other TC resources such as textures.

[edit] When I get home I'll see what non-Anthony TC stuff got ripped. If serious, you can bet I'll start complaining to Ty. You might want to start re-texturing that one level already.

Fucking morons.

I'm making no judgement, it's just FYI as i've seen the resources.

[EDIT] the levels included are neither mine, erik or anyone else's decision except Anthony, leave the childish comments out.

Childish..? Carefull now. Also, I just remembered: it's not even Anthony's level at all, but Michael Mesko's... Anthony was supposed to finish that map.

What the hell are you people thinking?

I consider labelling an entire group of people who contributed to a project 'fucking morons' childish. What did you want us to do? email you to check anthony had permission?

If you've a problem email Ty and Anthony, leave the rest of us out of it.

Szymanski said:
What did you want us to do? email you to check anthony had permission?

I take it this was a submit-a-level kind of deal then? In that case, "you are probably not a thief"... apology. Still, you knew that it used resources from my TC or you wouldn't have recognised them as such. You REALLY think I give out TC material that wasn't Anthony's in the first place..? Or did you actually NOT WANT to know?

Of course, most of my anger here is directed at Anthony. But I can't believe you just stood by and watched it happen.

And this from people I respected as a level designer. Saying I'm "upset" does not cover it. And yeah, i will take this up with Ty although I find it unfortunate for those other designers, including you.

Damn.

I had seen the map and certainly failed to suspect it (and the resources) had been released without any form of permission or feedback... given Anthony's previous work I failed to think of such a faux pas being possible from him.

Lee, Erik, and company, are you guys gonna rerelease the awesome maps in some form?

If Anthony could at least apologize now...