Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DOOM Anomaly

I call forth the Justice League! (computer problem)

Hiya.

Okay, I don't really call forth the Justice League but it was a dire thought. :D
Anypath, my dear, dear, wonderful, beautiful, lovely, charming, smart, funny, athletic, sympathetic, open-minded, valliant, everso caring computer has eaten a green apple and now is in a Province/state of rest which I cannot break. In which this ails me beyond the limits of Ginger. My computer seemed alrighty like a snake in a field of mice this morning at aboot 2am, and shut down normaly. But this morning when I went to awaken it to yet another glorious day of valor and love, a dark cloud came over us. Okay, there was no dark cloud but it would be pretty neato if there was one, no? :D Anyroad, when I pressed the start button I played a while until some really hard badguy beat me...Putting down the video games I went back to my computer and pressed the power button, it all seemed normal but I noticed something. When I turn on my computer it makes the sound of it turning on then the motherboard makes a beep sound, that sounds like "Beep" or something rather, however this did not sound, I turned my screen on and it stayed black, the light on my screen was orange, to indicate my computer was off. However my computer was still making the "vrooooooooooooo" sound it always does, perhaps a bit more rough. I tried turning it on many times, unplugging some things, fliping a little red switch with the numbers 120 and 230 or something rather on it, but to no avail, it wouldn't answer my call. So I put the phone down and I let it rest several more hours, I came back many hours later; same result.

I don't think my hard drive is fried again, because it is different from last time and, well, I just got my computer back in late September and not even I can fry it that quick. :P
I took a guess it might need more power or something, but Tim Taylor was no where to be found.

Does anyone know as to why such a vile thing has happened? Oh, and why my computer won't start up, that too. :D

Thank you dearly. :D

I apologize if this arises any problems for any reason.

Open it up and check your connections. If they're okay It might be the power supply.

Actually, the orange monitor LED is a sign that the monitor is functional and waiting for input from the PC. If everything's hooked up properly, chances are your video output is fried. A new video card that won't bottleneck on that machine shouldn't cost much. But steal your brother's video card and try it first, just to make sure.

It would seem that Doomish Anomalies and computers do not mix ;)

Tobester said:

It's probably not your PSU, since you said the VROOOOOOOO (fan) happens.

HD maybe?

Yes it can be the PSU.
If there was a problem with the video the motherboard would beep, usually three times. It's not the HDD, the computer would boot and simply say NON SYSTEM DISK.

Has happened to me before. Usually this problem is caused by backwards IDE connections, a loose video card, or loose RAM. Check all those connections, and reseat them as well.

Thank you all so very much. :D

I myself don't know how to do any of this jazz and such so I myself cannot handle it, so I will call in my former stepdad who is good with computers, I will let him have a look at it and see what it is. :D However I will tell him these suggestions to make it seem like I tried to do something. :D
Thanks again. :D

gatewatcher said:

Why the hell would you ask for help if you don't even plan on using it you mongcake?

I apologize for that. But I ask this just to see if it something in which I can solve. Also it makes it easier to solve. I do plan on using it, but its just that most things I cannot do myself seeing I don't have the knowledge or equipment for it, hence why I ask. I apologize for if it seems pointless, I can see how it can seem so.