Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kaiser

Doom64 TC bug fix

Deathman said:

I've made a horrible mistake, one of the Imp's sounds has been replaced with a door sound..stupid me.

If that's a 'horrible mistake' what's a minor glitch then...? ;-)

Graf Zahl said:

If that's a 'horrible mistake' what's a minor glitch then...? ;-)

I think that the fact that the game crashes every single time when playing Level 30 on skill 4 is a minor glitch.

Minor glitch: Terraformer does not act like actual Doom 64 one, either that or it's a nitpick. ^_^ Seriously, that was the best part of Doom 64! :P

It's been so long since I've played the consol version... What's the difference between the TC Terraformer and the N64 Terraformer?

In the N64 version the Terraformer was a giant drill. When you hit the switch all four "drill bits" turned on and began to spin around. Then it hit the ground and raised back up, knocking the ground a bit. Then it hits the ground again, knocking it more. After two more times a new path is opened up and the door opens allowing you to leave.
In the TC, the Terraformer only hits once and the drill bits don't spin.

Skunkboy Kyle said:

In the TC, the Terraformer only hits once and the drill bits don't spin.

the drill hits more than once. but yeah it doesn't spin.

Deathman said:

the drill hits more than once. but yeah it doesn't spin.

I'm just wondering. Wasn't that possible with XG?

I used XG to make the drill go back up and down, however, I kept getting weird errors when I tried making the textures on the drill scroll, especially since I had a lot of unclosed sectors surrounding the drill to mimic the 3d appearence.

after many errors that I kept getting, I just removed the scrolling effects. But even with XG, it was very hard to get the drill working 100% properly.

I am sorry if this is off topic, but does the Doom64 TC require anything other than itself to run? I am guessing it needs the doom2.wad but I am just wondering, seeming I am on my dads computer, I got nothing to play than the Even More Incredible Machine, which I am stuck on. :P Thanks. :)

you need to have the doom2.wad in /bin. Other than that be sure you have a good video card and the latest version of direct x.

Deathman said:

you need to have the doom2.wad in /bin. Other than that be sure you have a good video card and the latest version of direct x.

Dang. :)

Well I can always try and figure out how to beat the level I am on on the Even More Incredible Machine, fun game. :D

The version I played of Doom64 TC didn't have them hit more than once. It was just BAM! Done. Open door, get the fuck out, here's an imp to help you.