Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
icemann

Absolutely 100% stuck in Doom64 TC

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Hey all. I`d been playing through the Doom64 TC for the last few weeks until I reached level 25 (unholy temple). I`ve killed every last monster I could find, pushed every switch and got to every secret I could find, and got all the keys, but after all that I`m stuck :(. I need to somehow lower 3 barriers near the exit area to finish the level, which I`ve been unable to find the switch for, + theres a switch nearby which is blocked off by 3 barrriers which I`ve been unable to lower.

If anyone could help me out here, I`d be eternally greatful.

I never played the level in the TC... only on the console... so I don't know if it is different or not...

Near the three switches you will notice a combination of the three keys. Remember those combinations.
In one room (upstairs) there is a room with a pillar, and on the pillar is a switch in each key colour. hit the switches in the order of the combinations, and the door/walls next to where you saw the combination will open.

Yes, there are some truly nasty puzzles in that level. I had problems, too, and figuring out how this works is a real pain thanks to XG's horrible syntax. I had to look into the scripts several times to understand how this level is supposed to work.

The jumping key was one of the coolest effects I have ever seen in a Doom map, however.

KoRn: THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU :). I`d never have guessed in a million years of matching up the colours with the coloured switches on that pillar. I`d always just presumed that that room was just for teleporting + the secret room at the back. That area should have been better explained in the readme file for the TC, in a spoilers section or something.