Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melfice

NewDoom Hacked

Everyone who is able to get on NewDoom, head over there quickly!!! Someone's hacked the entire forum and stolen WMull's account and is destroying it! The forums are a huge mess!

http://meathead.dmhgames.ath.cx/hack.jpg

Now there's only 1 post per page. Mull must have done it this time to get someone pissed enough to hack his account.

Edit (arioch): img tag changed to url due to size

Looks like R&R is the one thats being fucked with. The rest of the forums are ok (with the exception of the global options which effect every forum eg the one post per page option)

Doom_Dude's account has also been jacked.

I somehow doubt phoebus/wmull will keep the forums running after this.

I logged into the admin place when I saw the announcement to see if it was true, but I didn't do anything. I hope I don't get in trouble for that... I've never posted on NewDoom anyway.

His account has been renamed, so I would think the password would have been changed too.

At anyrate, all he would have to do is delete the whole of the board and start over.

You think this has anything to do with doomworld going down?

I tried logging into the admin place, but it wouldnt accept my password.

Edit: OMG, I wish I had seen korns post, impse I don't mind, but goatse... *pukes*

This was bound to happen someday. Just a ticking timebomb. But funny\hilarious? No.

Edit: Great, other forums just got goatse'd too.

Somehow I have the feeling NewDoom isn't going to exist after tonight. Fuck, Phoebus doesn't even know whats happening, he's asleep right now.

Fredrik said:

Sad.

If people don't like Newdoom, they should just leave.

Agreed. This is just retarded.

Well, thats it. NewDoom is completely destroyed. All the hosted forums are gone, assumingly deleted, its over... jesus. I hope mull backed up this thing.

Gee, only the forums? Where's the webmaster status for everyone?

There is no excuse for hacking into a website. Hopefully everything will get sorted out over there soon.

People may gloat when "they" forget Doom's anniversary, or don't attract as much visitors as we do, or something else to that effect. But you don't gloat when it gets hacked and defaced.

sucks, all the threads are gone now

though I have to add it's not newdoom as a whole, it's just the forums; the rest of the site is fine

Personaly, I think NewDoom deserved it, maybe not it's forum members but the person who prevents people from joining their website if they are from DoomWorld. That is childish and frankly I like the fact they got goatse'ed for it.

Well wether it was right or not, I would have to say that it was bound to happen sooner or later with as many people as Phoebus pisses off. Its almost like bad karma in a way.

Skunkboy Kyle said:

Personaly, I think NewDoom deserved it, maybe not it's forum members but the person who prevents people from joining their website if they are from DoomWorld. That is childish and frankly I like the fact they got goatse'ed for it.

They got tubgirled, too.

no site deserves this kind of hacking.

If someone has some kind of problem with the administrator, he finds him in real life, and talk (hum... or anything else less friendly if needed)

all talks between users of newdoom forums are gone, and I doubt there is a backup somewhere.
Only users are paying for this hack.

Yeah when you look at the overall aspect of it, alot of people got screwed who only go to the Legacy and DoomsdayHQ forums. All of those threads with all of those links and combined resources are now gone. The great majority of NewDoom was those hosted sites and forums. If NewDoom still existed so to speak and those moved, NewDoom would be pretty dead.