Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melfice

NewDoom Hacked

I'm sorry, but I signed up over there at NewDoom and they wouldn't let me join and I found out later that NewDoom doesn't accept Doomworld members. Which is stupid. And childish, as I said before. And as Melfice said, it's karma. Now the users of NewDoom can blame Phobeus for being a dick and getting their forum trashed. Maybe if he wasn't such a son of a bitch and let Doomworld users join his forum...

EDIT: Also, I'm not saying a DW user did this. I'm just saying bad karma. It was probably some person who he really ticked off at his own forums.

iori said on the Newdoom forums:
A blow has been struck to the doom community, one that has crippled our communication ablility. This can be comparable to the 9/11 attacks, no matter how 'stale' those comparisons have become. So some l4m3r with some tools from asta lavisa can come and hack a Password. Wow, l33t skillZ.

Words cannot begin to describe how totally ridiculous, completely ignorant, and above all utterly disrespectful that statement is. It's like comparing WW2 with a schoolyard punch-up.

Also, if I find out who the person or persons who perpetrated this are they sure can expect a ban. I detest this kind of lameness.

TAKE A LOOK AT THE FORUMS NOW!

Everything is in the style of DoomWorld, the colors, the settings and even the logo. Heh, we now have TWO Doomworld forums.

Good christ. I bet I'll get banned from there because I commented on it.

Its true. Everything there is set to Doomworld now. I was trying to fix everything then they banned my ip.

Skunkboy kyle: So you think it is alright to deface/delete a whole forum with lots of members and history just to show up some admins? Who do you think is suffering from this?

You mean NewDoom?

Oops, yeah :P Gah its 5:30 am, haven't slept yet. School's gonna suck today. Atleast I didn't miss all the action though :P

Shaviro said:

Skunkboy kyle: So you think it is alright to deface/delete a whole forum with lots of members and history just to show up some admins? Who do you think is suffering from this?

I lost my hosted forum and everything I had in it thanks to these amatures.

Melfice said:

Oops, yeah :P Gah its 5:30 am, haven't slept yet. School's gonna suck today. Atleast I didn't miss all the action though :P

I haven't slept today either, its 3:30 and if school isn't cancelled because of snow again I might be in trouble.

Gah, this is only going to increase tensions between Newdoom and Doomworld. I'm guessing it was someone at Doomworld that did it. I know I'm not a big fan of Newdoom but really, nobody deserves that. Hundreds (thousands) of posts by good, honest, intelligent members of the Doom community have gone. I just hope that backups were stored :/

Linguica said:

If the DW forums ever get hacked I know what will happen now.

The forums will be covered with goatse?

I entirely agree with your comment about the hosted forums being the lifeblood, Melfice. Especially in the source port forums, people were very helpful as to giving you information and aid in what you wanted to do using the port. Since neither Legacy or Jdoom are really popular here at all, I hope ND comes back up, or everyone from those communities is going to be fucked for a while.

Skunkboy Kyle: I note from your profile that you only registered last month, so: what the hell do you know about Wmull and all the bad blood between ND and DW? The worst of it happened quite a while ago before you were even here. And since you profess to have never been able to register you wouldn't have a clue about the community there and whether they "deserved" it.

Last month, the server which hosted ravengames.com, korax-heritage.com, etc. was hacked. Only a couple of days ago did their forums return (no posts lost though), and there was the possibility that RavenGames would never return. I doubt these are the same people though, because the ones who hacked the RavenGames server were Brazillian.

As for NewDoom, when I checked these forums for the first time, I thought it was a joke. Then I discovered that it wasn't. If this had only affected Phoebus and no one else, then I probably would be gloating. However, all of NewDoom has been annihilated, which affects thousand of people with their hundreds of thousands of posts. If whoever has done this turns out to be a DoomWorld member, not only will he be banned, no matter who it is (staff members especially since we of all people should know better), but they will be prosecuted and made an example of. People like this are not fit to be on the internet, and should not be allowed to even look in the general direction of a computer ever again.

As bad as Phoebus was, NewDoom did not deserve this, and I hope it's restored to its former self (preferably without my ban).

There's a bigger problem now though. See, because of the retarded DW vs ND rivalry, and the fact that whoever is hacking has made it look like Doomworld back and forth, they're blaming Doomworld. They're talking of how they should hack and everything else. Now maybe some of you who keep carrying the ND vs DW shit around will realize the mistake, because now you're being blamed as a whole rather than just the individual who did it.

I'm a newdoom-doomsdayHQ user, and i do not blame dw for this. I did not even know there were some problelms between nd and dw...

There's a bigger problem now though. See, because of the retarded DW vs ND rivalry, and the fact that whoever is hacking has made it look like Doomworld back and forth, they're blaming Doomworld. They're talking of how they should hack and everything else. Now maybe some of you who keep carrying the ND vs DW shit around will realize the mistake, because now you're being blamed as a whole rather than just the individual who did it.

That is utter bullshit!

Who is saying anything about hacking DW???

It was on one of the threads if it hasn't been deleted. Someone's still playing around over there. I would go in and get a quote, but now the last remaining forum has been locked and you can't get in it.

I have not seen anything about hacking dw in the ruins of nd forums.
And as we can't authenticate the people posting, if someone talks about hacking dx, he may be the one who hacked nd, just to make things go more bad.

Either way, Melfice I don't think it helps anyone by spreading propaganda...

The entire point was that if it wasn't for this absolutely fucking retarded DW vs. ND thing there's a good chance this all wouldn't have happened, considering that the main suspicoun is that it was infact someone from Doomworld.