Find results in...
LilWhiteMouse

Some of my projects

I've done all I care to do with Chosen and Wolfen, so here they are:

Chosen:
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12363

Wolfen:
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12365

Two works in progress, Hellspawn sprites demonstration and H-Quest. My muse has lost interest in Hellspawn for the time being, so it's put on hold. Progress on H-Quest is awating some issues to be resolved.

H-Quest preview 5
http://home.midmaine.com/~lilwhitemo/hquest5.cab

Hellspawn sprites demonstration preview 1.3
http://home.midmaine.com/~lilwhitemo/hspawn13.cab

sweeet, I love those two completed projects, and Hellspawn is also quite a lot of fun. Haven't checked out H-Quest yet, will have to look.

to anybody who thinks Hexen is cool but the levels are boring and a pain in the ass (like I do), I highly recommend Wolfen, it's by far the best set of Hexen levels I've played, in terms of both looks a gameplay. If only real Hexen had been like that :(

Downloading Wolfen now, looks awesome. Thanks for reminding me to get of my ass and play it. I played Chosen months ago and enjoyed it muchly.

Almost finished. I was working on map 12 during the time Doomworld was down. I'm over halfway done with the last map in the hub, and after that, it's just a few minor finishing touches and fine tuning. Map 12 has a few parts from the Crypt remake (modified to make it look better of course).

ravage said:

You're like a good Hathor. The Zdoom goddess. :)

Heh

to anybody who thinks Hexen is cool but the levels are boring and a pain in the ass (like I do), I highly recommend Wolfen, it's by far the best set of Hexen levels I've played, in terms of both looks a gameplay. If only real Hexen had been like that :(

That sounds very cool Cyb. /me downloads Wolfen now....

I am totally lost once I pick up the Blunderbuss. I still need the fire key, and there's something behind that wall where the chest is, but I can't find anything to open it.

Ichor said:

I am totally lost once I pick up the Blunderbuss. I still need the fire key, and there's something behind that wall where the chest is, but I can't find anything to open it.

Could you be a little more specific? Have you gained access to any areas that haven't yielded any items? If so, re-visit them. I don't grant access to places without reason.

I'm finished with the swamp map (killed the two marsh snake...thing, hit the hidden switch to complete the map). I picked up the clock gear and went back to the town map. I put the gear in place and rang the bells like I should. Those doors opened and those wolves came out. I killed them and picked up the Blunderbuss and opened the chest. That's as far as I can go.

Ichor said:

....picked up the Blunderbuss and opened the chest. That's as far as I can go.

There was a clue chime when you entered the alcove containing the chest and blunderbuss. Maybe it was trying to bring you enlightenment or something?

I found that in the middle of the swamp right before the two giant snakes. There's a lot of blue mana around there too.

Nope, didn't help. I looked all around that map and I couldn't find anything. I even went back to the first one to look around. Nothing there either.

Ichor said:

Nope, didn't help. I looked all around that map and I couldn't find anything.

You don't have to look all around the map, just that last alcove where you found the chest and blunderbuss. You may need to be a bit bright to figure it out.

#$%#^^%^@#$#^#$!@$@$%#$%!~!!!! I really hate it when the answer is so obvious yet I can't find it without asking. What's worse is that I've seen this done before at least once, and I've even used it myself. Oh well, back to playing...

I'm still stuck at the clock. I have the gear, set it to 12:00 and rang the bells. Now what?

ravage said:

I'm still stuck at the clock. I have the gear, set it to 12:00 and rang the bells. Now what?

If you timed it right, you should have received a message. If you didn't, try it again.

Now I'm stuck too. I've gotten rid of all but the last mana anchor. I can't seem to find the switch that removes the mana anchor. Any whereabouts on where it is?

CacodemonLeader said:

Any whereabouts on where it is?

There are four anchors and four levels (I count the pseudo-secret tomb as part of the ruined town). There's a clue in each level that indicates which anchor is present in that level, that corresponds to the symbols in the mana beam chamber.

Thanks. I just found the final switch. I thought that the level you start the wad with was just a mere hub connecting to the other levels. Didn't know there was a switch there (Also found the final segment of Quietus to boot).

Many thanks there.

I just beat it. I expected it to go to map five after I killed everything, but it just ended. Instead, I had to warp to map five, since I couldn't find either of the books to put back in the bookshelf which lead there (I never bother to look, actually). Just how do you use the Blunderbuss anyway. I managed to collect 25 of them, but it always said 'you cannot use this here', like I was using a puzzle piece in the wrong place.

Use your mousewheel to scroll through weapons. It's the ssg.

Odd, something's wrong. The clock never hits 12. It just passes it completely.

the blunderbuss is just a weapon, in fact it's the SSG, slot 6 if you want to bring it up

Ok, I found it. Not that it matters now. I just checked Wintex out of curiousity. Where's the Voodoo doll?

BlackFish said:

how do you use the wacky purple mana stuff?

aeon mana. Go to the key config in options and look under wolfen.