Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Woot

you guys ever owned one of those old NES systems?

i was digging around in my closet yesterday and found it, also one of those duck hunt games, Jesus tapdancing christ, those bring back the good old days when everything was simple and laid back.

Yeah, I have an old NES system, circa 1985. I still have Galaga and Mario Bros (with Duck Hunt on the same cartridge, what a deal). I recall wasting precious hours of my youth in front of that damned contraption.
And yeah, back when the NES was new everything was more laid back. No flashy 128 bit graphics, no games that spanned two or three CDs, hell, there were no CD games; back then games were simple and could be beaten in just a matter of days, and the story lines were simple: Save the princess, save the world, save yourself, etc.
/me longs for the days of yore

SlowMotionHobo said:

I still have mine and it still works.

Yeah me too but with some games I have to insert 2 cartriges and a pencil inside the NES to make it work. :/

Hah! Mine I used to have to stick 2 games into the slot. The spring must've broke because the game wouldn't go down, so I stuck a game there to keep it down.

i remember when i first got it i asked a funny question, i looked at it and asked ""are there any commercials?"

I still have an Atari 2600 somewhere. I had an NES until recently, and I spent a lot of time playing (and beating) games that I rented from the local video store Blockbusters wasn't nearly as big back then. I've played the real stinkers like Star Voyager and Strider (arcade version was infinitely better than this), and I've played the classics like Final Fantasy, the Castlevania games, the Super Mario games, and Legend of Zelda, and most everything in between. I also had Gyromite (usually played it while listening to Devo) and got good enough so that I didn't even need the robot to play it.

my friends got an oldschool NES, his only game is SMB3, those controllers are a lot harder to use than i remember.. and i'm always drunk whenever i'm at his house.

Mr. Woot said:

i remember when i first got it i asked a funny question, i looked at it and asked ""are there any commercials?"

Nowadays that's a legitimate question.

Of course we have one of those. Duck hunt is indespensible.

I have lots of friends who used to own a NES, some of them had Sega's Master System II ("Alex Kidd in Wonderland" is still one of the best games I've played!). Come to think of it, one guy still has it, and is currently playing through "Miracle Warriors"...

Not only that, we used to play C64! "Last Ninja" ruled. How's that for old school!? Man, those were the days.

Ichor said:

Watch and be enlightened.

No amout of words or lustful phrasing could describe what I'm feeling for that little flash.. Jesus that was awesome.

Those were funny, but all of them didn't compare to the Mechanic prank. I didn't think anyone was that gullible.

That seemed a little *too* good... At first I had real trouble grasping that anyone could be so stupid. That's why I didn't like it very much.. That clip didn't make me laugh, it made me weep for the future of mankind. ;-D

Heh, different preferences, I suppose. Although I can imagine someone using that as a joke in a movie or TV show. I also liked Hasaad Market and the 100 Grand joke.

Yeah, still have it. :)
I got it about 1990/1991, when I was a little kid. Heh, smb3 were quite hard at that time :P

Fredrik said:

I missed the NES generation by a millimeter :/

No you didn't. You're older than me and I had a NES at the age of six. Ahh, memories. Lots of Super Mario 3 of course, Bart vs the Space Mutants, The Flintstones... Any of you NES people who haven't tried emulation yet, go download Nestopia somewhere, get some roms of your favorite games and prepare for a wave of good memories.

Lord FlatHead said:

No you didn't. You're older than me and I had a NES at the age of six.

I had played NES occasionally, sure, but by the time I really got into gaming it was too late - the SNES was around already and my parents bought me that for my birthday instead of a NES.

A couple years ago I got a tight replacement 72 pin connecter in my 15+ year old system. Any game that's reasonably clean works first try without even pushing it down.

I never owned a single console system. My parents wouldn't buy me one, and I was happy with my C64 anyway.

I still don't like console games.

Ichor said:

Watch and be enlightened.

Don't you think it's a tad too predictible?

Lord FlatHead said:

Any of you NES people who haven't tried emulation yet, go download Nestopia somewhere, get some roms of your favorite games and prepare for a wave of good memories.

Huh? Why would you want to use anything other than FCE Ultra?

AndrewB: Heck yeah, FCEU for life.

I used to have an NES. Super Mario/Duck Hunt, Goonies 2 (good exploration/action game in the vein of Metroid, can be confusing sometimes), Super Mario 3 (STILL haven't beaten that darn thing), Roadblasters (Genesis version is a more faithful port), and I think at some point I rented the original Zelda.

I have a nes with megaman 2 and 3 with two zelda games and abunch of other games. The nes barley works tho.