Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
GGG

editor question(s)

Question about editors (should this be in the editor section?)

I'm looking for an easy-to-install-and-use editor for Doom II that can modify things like the level of hp for a certain type of eneny or how much damage an enemy's attack does. I would want an editor that preferably only makes these changes to the selected wad modified and not every wad I have.

And, to kill 2 birds with one stone, I am using DEU 5.21 for doom. But it won't let me create a level larger than approx 160 kbs in size. I tried everything I could think of to increase the space of a level, but nothing is working. I have a 120 gb harddrive, so that obviously isn't a problem, but during use of the program, it says "Available mem: 120894" or something (in bytes). I would like to see that increase to allowing me to create a level a megabyte in size (or at least half that).

If you have answers to either of these questions, feel free to post them.

Heh, DEU went out with the stone age! Seriously though, if you going to use an editor that hasn't been updated in 8+ years, you have to expect problems :)

For some newer, far less problematic and above all far superior editors you could try instead, you might want to browse this recent thread.

As for your first query, DeHackEd or WhackEd are pretty much your only options... unless you're a fan of notepad ;)