• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
insertwackynamehere

Games Workshop

Do you play any Games Workshop games?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play any Games Workshop games?

• Lord Of The Rings
    • Warhammer
    • Warhammer 40000
    • Dont playem

Do you any Games-Workshop Tabletop Games? I play Lord Of The Rings, but I just started. Feel free to post model pics, assuming it is within the boards limits.

EDIT: Could a mod or admin or super-mod make my poll multiple choice? Thanks!

My answer is no, but I remember playing WarHammer role-play years ago back when I played RPGs... It had a stylish dark design, but that's about it. All the characters and monsters also had huge weapons, which was kind of amusing. Then each time we'd see artwork or designs where people/creatures had big and heavy weapons we'd say "heh, that's so warhammerish."

There's more games than that. I haven't played for years, but my favourites were Epic and Man O War.

Shouldn't this be a multiple choice one? Oh well, anyone who plays more than one is either really rich, works in a gaming store, or is crazy. So yeah, I used to play 40k. My friend recently gave me a bunch of Gothic miniatures that were actualy hand-painted by some GW guys. So that's pretty elite.

Danarchy said:

Shouldn't this be a multiple choice one?

insertwackynamehere said:

EDIT: Could a mod or admin or super-mod make my poll multiple choice? Thanks!

I have played quite a lot of Games Workshop games. Unfortunately, I find their rules and ruling policies overly restrictive, often illogical and quite often just plain old fashioned bad.

I also find their aggressive marketing exploitative of young, gullible children with too much pocket money to spend.

What's more, I dislike their "off the shelf" MacWargaming which involves no real thought on behalf of the customer and stifles original thought by many of the players. Although it is a good marketing, because granny is never stuck as to what to buy little Johnny for his birthday. She can just go into the nearest GW and say to the oh-so helpful, red-sweatshirted, pony-tailed assistant who is clearly a great guy because he spouts all the GW corporate approved helpful lines and manages to whip the 11 year old boys around the gaming table into a frenzy of fun, "he collects the XYZ squad" and helpful red-sweatshirt guy will happily steer granny towards the latest £25 pack of 4 special figures complete with new, only to be found in this pack weapon.

However, I do find the quality of many of their figures to be good, if a little over muscled in many cases, and quite happily buy them so that I can use them to play better games.

I agree with enjay on most points. I must admit GW have had a few classics on their hands (I love Space Hulk, Blood Bowl) but they treat them badly in favour of their money spinning, 'core' games.