Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ultraviolet

Super Mancubus

Vitriolic Vermillion: DUDE
Vitriolic Vermillion: you know what would be fucking awesome?
Scuba Steve: hmm
Vitriolic Vermillion: If somebody did a version of the mancubus without all the fat
Vitriolic Vermillion: and he had a super super strong and fast close attack
Vitriolic Vermillion: and shot faster
Vitriolic Vermillion: and moved faster
Vitriolic Vermillion: he would easily be the toughest enemy in Doom 2
Vitriolic Vermillion: keep him the same height and all, but minus the fat
Scuba Steve: Fitcubus
Vitriolic Vermillion: heh
Vitriolic Vermillion: he would have to be more fit looking than the barons
Scuba Steve: Activus
Vitriolic Vermillion: Activus... that sounds alright actually
Scuba Steve: Rippedcubus
Scuba Steve: Hmmm ACtivus
Vitriolic Vermillion: claim as a backstory that the Activus was a genetic experiment that had something to do with putting a human thyroid and digestive hormones into play
Vitriolic Vermillion: and then cranking up the metabolic rate
Vitriolic Vermillion: so all the fat turned to muscle
Vitriolic Vermillion: but he has to eat a fuck of a lot to stay alive at all
Scuba Steve: heh, actually that's probably the less retarded idea as of late on doom
Vitriolic Vermillion: cool, I rawk :D
Vitriolic Vermillion: I hope somebody will do it...
Vitriolic Vermillion: If you don't say you will I'll post the idea on DW.
Scuba Steve: I won't
Vitriolic Vermillion: Meh.
Vitriolic Vermillion: here I go then

Ultraviolet, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

I just wanted to try it out...

Isn't Skulltag going to have a "Hectebus" or something like that? It probably won't look the way you describe though.

It looked like your typical silly IRC or AIM type conversation, and I wasn't really paying much attention. I put it back.

Vitriolic Vermillion: If somebody did a version of the mancubus without all the fat

....A CyberDemon?

KoRn said:

Ultraviolet, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

KoRn, before you start trying to act mega-cool-and-whatnot by using the newproject tag, make sure you check that the person doesn't have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of uses of the newproject tag that only succeeded in making the person using it look like a complete moron, because they did have something to show.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

KoRn, before you start trying to act mega-cool-and-whatnot by using the newproject tag, make sure you check that the person doesn't have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of uses of the newproject tag that only succeeded in making the person using it look like a complete moron, because they did have something to show.

Ultimate Doomer, before you start trying to act even MORE mega-cool-and-whatnot by using the NewProjectTag Tag, keep in mind that this joke is just getting old and unbearable and I don't know why I'm bothering to type this up.

wildweasel-r3000 said:

Ultimate Doomer, before you start trying to act even MORE mega-cool-and-whatnot by using the NewProjectTag Tag, keep in mind that this joke is just getting old and unbearable and I don't know why I'm bothering to type this up.

Seconded.

Ultraviolet said:

My poor thread. :'(

you knew exactly what would happen. in fact, you were expecting it.

Ultraviolet said:
Vitriolic Vermillion: DUDE
Vitriolic Vermillion: you know what would be fucking awesome?
Scuba Steve: hmm
Vitriolic Vermillion: keep him the same height and all, but minus the fat
Scuba Steve: Fitcubus
Vitriolic Vermillion: he would have to be more fit looking than the barons
Scuba Steve: Activus
Vitriolic Vermillion: Activus... that sounds alright actually
Scuba Steve: Rippedcubus
Scuba Steve: Hmmm ACtivus
Vitriolic Vermillion: claim as a backstory that the Activus was a genetic experiment that had something to do with putting a human thyroid and digestive hormones into play
Vitriolic Vermillion: and then cranking up the metabolic rate
Vitriolic Vermillion: so all the fat turned to muscle
Vitriolic Vermillion: but he has to eat a fuck of a lot to stay alive at all
Scuba Steve: heh, actually that's probably the less retarded idea as of late on doom
Vitriolic Vermillion: cool, I rawk :D
Vitriolic Vermillion: I hope somebody will do it...
Vitriolic Vermillion: If you don't say you will I'll post the idea on DW.
Scuba Steve: I won't
Vitriolic Vermillion: Meh.
Vitriolic Vermillion: here I go then

No, actually that's a pretty retarded idea. If that one is considered "less retarded", then maybe it's time to shut down the DOOM community altogether.

(typed with gloves on)

When I saw Super Mancubus I thought it was a mancubus with a skin tight suit and a cape, hahaha, that would rule. :D
Sounds like fun. :D

dr_st said:

No, actually that's a pretty retarded idea. If that one is considered "less retarded", then maybe it's time to shut down the DOOM community altogether.

(typed with gloves on)

I've heard some of the crappy mod ideas people have come up with, and I'm inclined to say that it is less retarded then a lot of them.

Doctor please... if someone were to draw a set of nice sprites of a more physically fit mancubus and give it the attributes, that would be a pretty interesting idea.

Scuba Steve said:

Doctor please... if someone were to draw a set of nice sprites of a more physically fit mancubus and give it the attributes, that would be a pretty interesting idea.

You can say this about anything. "If someone were to draw a nice set of sprites of some cool monster with cool attributes, that would be a pretty interesting idea." What's the point of doing this as a modification to an already existing one? The Mancubus was designed as a fat and slow monster - that balances out its lethal attack and also makes him funny and scary at the same time.

I mean, the Beastiary is cool to an extent, but maybe it's possible to be more original than Id was when they introduced the Hell Knight, eh?

A long time ago I had a dream about doom2 (the only doom2 dream I've ever had I think) and it featured a super mancabus. Only it was still fat, just larger and augmented. The entire doom universe in the dream was very real and 3-d as was the mancabus. I think it had 4-6 cannons instead of 2. It was across a pit up on it's own platform (I was roaming around in a graveyardish platform across from the pit when I saw it)