Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

DW redesign

Looks ok, but I'm really kinda indifferent. That isn't new enough compared to the original design for me to give a damn.

Bah, you people.

I like it. The customizability kicks ass. It looks a deal better than the current layout.

Linguica, let me ask you something:
What's wrong with the current web page design? Hmm?
And yeah I agree with Liam, it looks a little too suspiciously like DooMCenter's web page design.

I never said anything about it looking like DooMCenter.

And yeah I agree with Liam, it looks a little too suspiciously like DooMCenter's web page design.

I feel like redesigning, that's why.

As for looking like Doomcenter... WTF? It looks like Doomcenter in that it's blue (like DW is right now anyway) and it has square-edged tables (which certainly is not a Doomcenter original).

Guest Fanatic

I like it.

Some color and font customizing would be nice too, but not necessary (easy tho with style sheets).

Yay, at long last, it's public. ;)

I really like the new layout. It's not compressed like Gamespy's horrid 800x600 canvas. It's not saturated with graphics. It mantains uniformity both on density and color themes.

Go for it.

LOL & what's wrong w/ trying new ideas? If you are doing things the same way this year that you were last year, you are stagnating. You should always be learning & trying new ideas.

Ling, you go, man. PHP rules. Crank it up.

Ling, one annoying thing in the customizing form is that the form doesn't remember the current settings.

<select name="textwrap">
<option value="1">Yes</option>
<option value="2">No</option>
</select>

could read:
<select name="textwrap">
<?php echo "<option value=\"$value\">$textwrap</option>"; ?>
<option value="1">Yes</option>
<option value="2">No</option>
</select>

If it always defaults back, people are going to get ticked. They should only have to change one setting, rather than have to change a bunch of them just to change one.

Ling, one annoying thing in the customizing form is that the form doesn't remember the current settings.

I know that. I dumped in the form at the bottom quickly, so I could show how the design is customizable. I didn't bother having it "remember" settings.

Well, I sorta like it. I can finally get that sidebar on the left. The titles are okay, that blue Cyber kicks ass. Looks like it was cut out of the original art. The rest of it is basically the same I think. The only thing that irks me about it is the damn font in the menu. Serif... eeew.

I think it looks fine too.... clean, easy nav., plus the custom options are nice. A step up from what is now, I think, and a -good- step up.

I only got a small screen at home. Maybe the navigation bar for telenation can be made more legible, since it is placed on top, but kinda gets unnoticed. The font looks blurred.

And this site does not even look close to any other Doom site. Yeah, I like it too.

ooooh, nice.
I agree with whoever said that they don't like 'busy' pages.
lots of the planetXXX pages look way too busy, for example...

ooooh, nice.
I agree with whoever said that they don't like 'busy' pages.
lots of the planetXXX pages look way too busy, for example...

You think those are bad, look at this one. Just one giant Photoshop image. Can you find a damn thing on that page?

the new design isn't too bad. The colors are the same and everything. And i think the origional dw design looks a lot like what doomcenter has now (dw was more grayish though)

Yah this is clean and fast. Its been a long time since the last dw redesign :) Most of the sites out there today (all of the planet*, and I have to say MGE and MCON sites too) are far too busy/noisy/complicated. Flash adverts should be banned too if you ask me.