Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darkpaul

hires textures

Last question, guys, I swear (you've all been so damn helpful I couldn't resist asking more!)

Has anybody else had a problem with hi-quality textures like from these guys? I use jdoom and at first there's no problem, but then soon after playing, there's like this...draw distance thing goin on. In front of me is fine, but a few yards down the way, I see weird textures all over the walls that disappear the closer you get. Anybody get this? (or know what the hell I'm talkin about...)

http://switch.to/doom2textures

Personally I've never had a problem, but perhaps you could take a screenshot or two so we know what you're talking about?

Oh, and fp.

Great idea. Love to....I just realized I forgot how to take screenshots in doom. How do I do that again?

"fp"?

'Cause displaying them at full clarity can slow down your system a good deal. Learn to live with it.

Holy crap! This is the first time I see those high-res textures. Most of them are pretty awesome it seems, but there are a few that are kinda disappointing, like e.g. the citysky (SKY2) and Hellsky (SKY3) textures - SKY1 is awesome though.

If it weren't because it probably involves an assload of trouble to get them to work properly (searching the forums for relevant topics so I don't have to ask dumb questions, trying to figure out the settings on my own, etc.), I'd download 'em right away.

It's actually quite simple. If it's the textures themselves, put 'em in Doomsday/data/jdoom/textures . If it's a pk3 file, put it in Doomsday/data/jdoom/auto .