Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

back to the classics

ToXiCFLUFF said:

Well, I played Stunts/4D Driving or whatever quite a lot a few weeks ago. Oh yeah, and an awesome CGA style sopwith remake.

That is still the best driving game ever!

Quast said:

IMO the druid is one of the better classes in the game.

It's all about play to different peoples' strengths and likes. And melee assassins are one of the most joyous and intelligently finger-mashing characters not found in a console/arcade fighter, and good hybrid 'sins are still one of the strongest variants around.

Unless things have changed in 1.10 (i still play 1.09) i call BS...unless you only play a sorc/zon with a 400+ mf and do constant meph/cow runs, the drops are crap 99% of the time. I hate playing sorcs, and i dont see why it was almost a nescesity to make a goddamn mf char if you wanted to find items for other characters if you wanted to play them past nightmare diablo...without the typical rush.

Playing the game untwinked/unrushed (ie playing it NORMALY) is HARD.

Actually, 1.10 upped the drop rate on virtually everything. Rares have the potential to be the best gear in the game again too (rare weapons have a potential maximum of ~510% enhanced damage, for example). The drop rate is far more fun for regular players, while also devaluing the insanely rare items because they become quite a bit more common than before.

Which isn't to say I don't have any complaints about 1.10. I think Blizzard has been far too flippant about emasculating entire ranges of character builds through entire sections of the game. Mana burn on normal monsters, unleechable monster types, and quite a few totally unfair types of regular monsters in hell difficulty all come to mind. Blowing through 8 mana potions and 2 stacks of arrows (350 each!) to clear a measly single group of monsters is totally unacceptable.

Still, where there's a will, there's a way.

How come a "back to the classics" thread suddenly turns into discussion on the PoS which is Diablo?

darknation said:

raptor and dungeon keeper hav been getting a replay recently.

Awesome, those are two of my favorite games.

Another game that has a permanent space on my hard drive is Master of Magic. It's my favorite strategy game. I also play Carmageddon 1 and 2 occasionally.

BlackFish said:

I want to get tyrain 2k working on my windows XP GOD DAMMIT!

What's the problem? It works great on mine.

Anyway, yeah, this summer was a serious classic gaming time for me.

I played through several old id games I hadn't touched in a long time. It was great. I got back into Quake III after a long haitus and am still playing it regularly... and even this morning, I beat Return to Castle Wolfenstein. (those games aren't as old as the "classics" obviously)

Worms: Armageddon for me. That is an awesome game, especially when combined with the Fiddler and those custom "speech" banks I've created. :P

Arioch said:

(rare weapons have a potential maximum of ~510% enhanced damage, for example).

o_O ! 510? jeez. Yeah, i just stick with 1.09 for now, because i've heard 1.10 Hell is utterly crap for casual players. Like, melee chars have no chance in Hell. And the FE insta-death bug sounds terrible.

Quast said:

o_O ! 510? jeez. Yeah, i just stick with 1.09 for now, because i've heard 1.10 Hell is utterly crap for casual players. Like, melee chars have no chance in Hell. And the FE insta-death bug sounds terrible.

FE insta-death bug is pretty rare, and already fixed realm-side. I don't know why they haven't released an 1.10a interim patch for SPers.

Yes. Hell is now really Hell. And it'd be more enjoyable if some of the really overpowered monster groups were toned down. A possibility for an interim patch.