Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ed

What do you miss most?

What do you wish were still around (or updated regularly) in the doom community today. For me personally it would be:

- Wildman Maps
- Doom Damnit
- Team Insanity Reviews
- Doomnation
- Doomshack
- #doomroom
- The possibility that half the Boom tc's said to be released might have actually been finished
- Wolfendoom

Ect ect ect..

well, people need to work on ports for strife.............
that was a good game but i cant find it anywheres........:(

I really miss Team Insanity being updated. The level reviews were good, but now they're old. I'd love to see some new ones.

DooMBoy said:

I really miss Team Insanity being updated. The level reviews were good, but now they're old. I'd love to see some new ones.

Seconded.

I liked WolfenDOOM, so you can say I miss it.

Since BOOM was mentioned here, I must say that I was disappointed when TeamTNT stopped developing it to concentrate more on level-designing (Daedalus).

DooMBoy said:

As far as I know Lüt has promised to do something about that site as soon as Millennium is finished.
Contrary to popular misconceptions this is NOT synonymous with "when Hell freezes over".

And yeah I miss Team Insanity's reviews along with Metabolist's, Sir Robin's and Doom Underground's.

Metabolist is still sporadically active however.

Heh, and were it not for Lüt's reviews I would never have discovered the miracle that is Reign of the Spider Gods

Yeah, and then I hope Spike and Vampirajay will be able to reuptake the Underworld project sometime in the future where their life is less cluttered.

I miss nothing; the DOOM community is doing great. Kudos to all the people producing cool stuff.

Scuba Steve said:

I miss DoomNation.

Me too. I miss Doom Damnit and I recall checking that hosted site Speed Demons or something or other.

Grimm said:

Bitchin', Nanami, absolutely bitchin'. How did no one think of that before? :)

Beyond Doom The Apocalypse TC which was release as-is has a cyber-spider.

I wish the New Breed TC Episode (led by Wildman, not Fanatic) got completed. Fanatic's little 1/2 level SP demo was really cool when it came out. The New Breed DM stuff he did later didn't do too much for me.

Grimm said:

Bitchin', Nanami, absolutely bitchin'. How did no one think of that before? :)

Heh, you actually like it?

Well, I can't really say I "miss" the Epidermis Emporium, since I've found it only recently, it still makes very sad to see it not updated for like two years.

I'm shocked to see noone's listed Doomhq.com or Fiffy's presence on the forums.
</sarcasm>

Erik said:

speedmapping.

Yep. That went away before I even got started on Doom. That makes me a sad Panda.....

Mr. Woot said:

well, people need to work on ports for strife.............
that was a good game but i cant find it anywheres........:(

Uhm, how would people be able to create source ports for strife, when there is no source code for it released? Can you tell me that?